So i've just upgraded my device from the 9700 to the 9780, but i'm not sure how I set the phone up so my gmail emails stop going from my old device (which i've sold) to my new device. Can anyone help please?
    03-28-11 11:55 AM
    Log in your BIS or your Email Settings and enter the information (PIM/IMEI) for the new device.

On BIS page, click the "Change Device" link.
    03-28-11 01:06 PM
    You might also want to see if all your 3rd party apps are working properly. You may have to go to the site/s where you got them and update your PIN and get new license codes.
    03-28-11 01:08 PM
    Log in your BIS or your Email Settings and enter the information (PIM/IMEI) for the new device.

On BIS page, click the "Change Device" link.
    Sorry is this on the phone or bb desktop manager?
    03-28-11 01:10 PM
    Sorry is this on the phone or bb desktop manager?
    Neither... It's your Vodaphone BIS site:

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk
    03-28-11 01:19 PM
    Neither... It's your Vodaphone BIS site:

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk
    Oh right. I have another question then. It asks for a username and password, but I've never used that page before. So do I create a new account even though I had my email working on my old bb?
    03-28-11 01:25 PM
    If you've never created an account there, then yes, you need to do that first.
    03-28-11 01:31 PM
    If you've never created an account there, then yes, you need to do that first.
    Jesus this isn't easy. I'm trying to create an account using my phone, but it's saying I can't do this via html, please you your bb device. That's what i'm doing.
    03-28-11 01:47 PM
    It might be worth a free call to your Vodaphone support to get some assistance walking through this...
    ArtOfWar1984 likes this.
    03-28-11 01:50 PM
    Jesus this isn't easy. I'm trying to create an account using my phone, but it's saying I can't do this via html, please you your bb device. That's what i'm doing.
    As I stated, you need to use the Email Settings. It's an icon on the DEVICE.
    03-28-11 02:06 PM
    As I stated, you need to use the Email Settings. It's an icon on the DEVICE.
    The problem is I haven't got anything to log in with. It asks for a password which I don't have. Thanks anyway.
    03-28-11 02:26 PM
    You would create an account if you don't have one already, but if you are switching from another BlackBerry, then you already have a BIS account.

If you don't know the User Name and Password, then call your carrier and ask them to reset them.
    ArtOfWar1984 and pkcable like this.
    03-28-11 03:13 PM
    I got it sorted in the end through bb desktop manager. Thanks for your help trucky & MM. Much appreciated!
    03-29-11 04:44 AM
    Glad you got it sorted out.

Let us know what you did. I'm sure others can benefit from your experience.
    03-29-11 07:28 AM
    You would create an account if you don't have one already, but if you are switching from another BlackBerry, then you already have a BIS account.

If you don't know the User Name and Password, then call your carrier and ask them to reset them.
    Best bet is to call the carrier and have then reset the user name and password. Most likely THEY set it up for you when you got the BB in the shop, OR you did it the very first day you had the device right on it, and have LONG since forgotten the info.

One of the key's here is you want to make sure your old device gets unregistered, so it does not get your emails, after you sell it, IF you choose too. Depending on what model you have you might still be able to get some good money for your old device.

EDIT: I just re-read your post, you have a 9700, you can definately get some good money selling that!
    03-29-11 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD