Hey guys,

I am going to be trading my 9700 for a 8900 + cash with a fellow, and just curious about how it'll work.

If I put my sim card into his, wouldn't it not register to BIS due to the PIN still tied to his account? (vise versa)

If so, how can we do this?

Thanks,
    Chris
    06-06-10 04:26 PM
    Once you swap devices and put the SIM in your other device, it should activate. You will need to still transfer all the information from one device to another.
    06-06-10 04:28 PM
    When you put your sim card in the phone, go to your BIS and just change the
    device PIN and IMEI right there. That way you will release the pin for the 9700
    and then he can register his phone on his BIS with that PIN.
    06-06-10 04:29 PM
    Hey guys,

I am going to be trading my 9700 for a 8900 + cash with a fellow, and just curious about how it'll work.

If I put my sim card into his, wouldn't it not register to BIS due to the PIN still tied to his account? (vise versa)

If so, how can we do this?

Thanks,
    Chris
    I've sold GSM (AT&T) Blackberries before and what I usually do is completely wipe the device first. When I sell it, the buyer pops their sim card in and then has to call AT&T to have them push the service books to his phone (or you use the change device feature on the AT&T BIS website).

Try it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 04:30 PM
    You both need to remove your current phones (de-register the PIN and IMEI) from the BIS website and register the new phone to your account, then send your service books again. The easy way to do this is from a PC with a regular web browser.
    06-06-10 04:32 PM
    You both need to remove your current phones (de-register the PIN and IMEI) from the BIS website and register the new phone to your account, then send your service books again. The easy way to do this is from a PC with a regular web browser.
    I forgot about this part. However one of you could just de-register. So if you
    de-register yours, he puts his sim in it, registers your now de-registered PIN
    and IMEI, now his PIN is automatically released for you to register.

I had a slight brain fart.
    06-06-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD