SO I have the Storm which I love and its great for most of what I do, for me its email reading and web surfing on the go. But some days when I'm busier at work I email allot more than other days. It would be nice for those kind of days if I could swap for a BB with a keyboard, like a Curve 8330. If I could pick up a used (Or new at full retail if I have to) 8330, could I use it under my current BELL plan and just have one active at the time(not both receiving emails)?

I'm new to BB's, is this possible?
    05-17-09 08:20 AM
    I think you can but it will be a pain in the arse to do it because you will have to either call in or online (if possible) to swap your ESN. I am not sure if Bell charges you to swap ESN, but I know Telus charges at least $10 to swap your ESN online.

In your case, thats when GSM with SIM cards come in handy.
    05-17-09 09:40 AM
    I believe you can, but it won't be easy.

If I'm not mistaken, CDMA networks like Bell Canada will still only allow you to register one device at a time via its serial number. So, each time you change a device, you have to give them a serial number so their network can identify your phone. In your case, it'd mean having to call or visit Bell each time you go from one device to another. In terms of contacts and information that are on your device, Desktop Manager should be able to migrate that information. You'd also have different PINs for each device, so your BBM contacts may need to be updated.

That's why SIM-card phones/BB's are so popular -- they allow people to just swap phones whenever they want.
    05-17-09 09:42 AM
    Ah, ok, I thought the Storm had a sim card and I could swap easily like that too. Its ok I'm happy with my storm so..
    05-17-09 10:10 AM
    exactly why I left the storm for the Bold, I found myself wanting to switch every few days for a full qwerty. The ESN swap online with VZW was a pain.
    05-17-09 10:57 AM
    You ahve two issues to deal with: the ESN/Sim card swap and changing the PIN on the BIS/BES server. Most apps for BBs are tied to the PIN so you may need to buy additional copies of your favorite apps to have them available on both phones.
    05-17-09 11:21 AM
    i think there is a way were this can be done ...
    most company's give you the option to have 2 lines on your phone
    so i think the same thing can be feasabile
    05-17-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD