Hello,

I see that there is a post from 2009 about finding a subversion client that runs on the BB OS, but there weren't any answers and I can't seem to find one through other searches, so I'd like to raise the question here again.

Has anyone found a client that can do at least minimal SVN commands from BB?

Thanks --
    11-10-10 03:04 PM
    Gee, you just made me feel utterly stupid ( or at the very least, IGNORANT). I wish I knew what you were talking about. can someone, "splain" it to me!
    11-10-10 03:35 PM
    hi dave,

subversion is a program that runs on a server. it allows remote users (through a terminal or a GUI client such as tortoisesvn) to check out a working copy of a file and then check in the updated copy. the subversion program tracks the revisions and has lots of cool features to merge and resolve conflicts if multiple users are editing a file. it's also great for keeping multiple machines up to date with the most current working copy.

i'd prefer to update from the BB over the air rather than to run the command from a desktop.

if the app doesn't exist, i suspect this could be accomplished if someone could package up the commands from a unix shell to run on the BB.

rj
    Last edited by duxbelli; 11-11-10 at 10:17 AM.
    11-11-10 10:13 AM
    hi dave,

subversion is a program that runs on a server. it allows remote users (through a terminal or a GUI client such as tortoisesvn) to check out a working copy of a file and then check in the updated copy. the subversion program tracks the revisions and has lots of cool features to merge and resolve conflicts if multiple users are editing a file. it's also great for keeping multiple machines up to date with the most current working copy.

i'd prefer to update from the BB over the air rather than to run the command from a desktop.

if the app doesn't exist, i suspect this could be accomplished if someone could package up the commands from a unix shell to run on the BB.

rj
    ah. thx! So would I be correct in assuming this is a great concurrency control tool?
    11-11-10 10:18 AM
    well, no, not really. the idea is that the program sends out a working copy to a different physical location. when the program gets the copy back, it replaces the old master copy with the new one. if two people are returning updated copies, the program can show you the differences and with some files permit you to merge them. it also keeps a copy of all previous copies and at any time a user can check out an older copy.
    11-11-10 10:27 AM
    well, no, not really. the idea is that the program sends out a working copy to a different physical location. when the program gets the copy back, it replaces the old master copy with the new one. if two people are returning updated copies, the program can show you the differences and with some files permit you to merge them. it also keeps a copy of all previous copies and at any time a user can check out an older copy.
    ah. gotcha. thx.
    11-11-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD