Has anybody else gotten this text

oh I kinda don't know how to copy and paste using this app but anyway it goes like this "your number made you apple's daily winner. blah blah blah go to this link to claim your prize". I'm not going to include the link (don't want anybody accidentally clicking on it) and I'm sure most of us won't follow the link anyways but I'm just getting it out there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-23-12 06:58 AM
    A marketing company got your number from a retailer most likely and is just sending out SPAM messages. Happens all the time.
    08-23-12 06:58 AM
    I have received one of these texts weekly for the last month. It's garbage that they can get away with sending these and make people have to pay to receive the text. Thankfully I have an unlimited text plan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    08-23-12 07:37 AM
    I received the same text yesterday. It was my first spam text. I wasnt too happy with that, I hope it is my last!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using the CB App!
    08-23-12 07:47 AM
    If your carrier makes you pay for incoming text messages, report the spam to your carrier. Most major carriers have mechanisms in place to block spammers from contacting you.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    08-23-12 08:01 AM
    Oh alright. thanks for the info. It was the first text I got like that as well. I've got plenty of spam from rogers in the past but that's it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-23-12 08:03 AM
    I receive atleast 2 aweek..not to mention phone calls aswell. Its annoying but it should stop eventually..i hope
    08-23-12 09:27 AM
    What I have done is to give out my Google Voice number to everyone. I then forward to my cell phone I am using at present. If I recieve a bogus call, it is really quite easy to go to my Google Voice account and block any further calls from those annoying numbers.
    08-24-12 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD