Do you think BlackBerry is going to shell out a few million for one, and if so, will it be better than the last one? On a slightly separate note, should they even be advertising in the American market anymore? Most my friends in the US just think blackberry is going out of business, have they given up? Would a commercial even be able to pay for itself in sales?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 06:04 AM
    Do you think BlackBerry is going to shell out a few million for one, and if so, will it be better than the last one?
    No, they won't shell out. They have nothing new to say since last year, and they squandered that opportunity.
    If they did, it would not be better, since they have not demonstrated the ability to craft a single effective marketing message in several years.

On a slightly separate note, should they even be advertising in the American market anymore?
    Of course they should. It's the one place they SHOULD be advertising because it's where they need more sales.

Most my friends in the US just think blackberry is going out of business, have they given up?
    Posted via CB10
    Has Blackberry given up because your friends are out of touch with reality? I don't think so. But Blackberry's lack of PR has made your friends think they are going out of business.

Would a commercial even be able to pay for itself in sales?

Posted via CB10
    Of course it would, but it would require
    A- an effective commercial
    B- a strong message (value proposition)
    C- a strong follow up with more marketing and visability.

BB has not demonstrated they can do any of these. So, I'd say it's not likely this year.
    01-06-14 06:25 AM
    Hope not. Unless they can demonstrate a mind blowing OS while making a true emotional connection while obscuring the brand name until the very end of the commercial. As soon as the viewer sees blackberry logos they start foaming at the mouth to sling mud so you better win them before they figure out who is speaking.

Posted via CB10
    tryfe likes this.
    01-06-14 06:46 AM
    I don't see them making another commercial this year. The first one flopped pretty hard
    01-06-14 07:44 AM
    seeing as how BB is going through a transitional period and refocusing the company....i don't think a Super Bowl spot is on their top list of priorities. It would be nice to see a dope BB commercial during the big game though.
    deptech likes this.
    01-06-14 07:45 AM
    I hope not. The Superbowl ad spot is ridiculously overpriced for such small exposure
    They shouldn't waste their money until they have something to show off. And even 10.2.1 isn't worth exposing in an ad as it stands right now
    Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 07:57 AM
    Given how horrible the last one was, I hope not. They simply don't know how to advertise effectively. It would be a waste of money until the Z30 is more widely available on all carriers, priced competitively, and 10.2.1 is available, and that probably isn't enough.

HTC is pushing the One heavily this past weekend and telling people to buy them on Amazon. BlackBerry probably will need to go a similar route in the future.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 08:17 AM
    No and it would be foolish to do so.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    01-06-14 08:20 AM
    No I don't think they will. Last year timing was perfect as the Super Bowl occurred just around the time BB10 was about to launch. This year there really isn't anything new out right now that would be worth them dropping that kind of money to advertise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-06-14 08:43 AM
    They shouldn't market to the US until they have a phone that can actually compete. Until then a Super Bowl commercial would be a complete waste.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-06-14 10:21 AM
    Very doubtful we'll see a Super Bowl commercial or any other major device advertising over the next couple months.

Their CMO (Boulben) was just recently fired and a new president (Louks) for their device and software division just hired today. The marketing department must be in flux.

It will take Louks some time to chart a new course for devices and BB10. Repairing carrier relationships will need to be top priority.

I do expect BBM is one area we'll soon see a strong advertising push.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.1925 | Bell | CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    01-06-14 11:09 AM
    I would like to see a commercial just focusing on the apps, but with respect to 10.2.1. Show all the missing apps now available, and in the end of the commercial identify the device, save it till the end, a Z30 preferably. Leave the audience asking questions, perhaps coerce them to investigate.

Posted using my beloved Z30
    01-06-14 03:50 PM
    If they do I certainly hope they get another advertising firm.

The one was year was horrendous. Cringe worthy.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    01-06-14 04:01 PM