I think this has been the most successful rollout of an OS that I can remember - huge props to everyone at BlackBerry for making this happen so smoothly!

My one big issue, however, is that, once again, I'm left wondering how BlackBerry users are going to discover all the new features available. I know that some they'll just stumble upon by happenstance, but a lot will go unnoticed until someone shows them. This isn't something that can be left to the media to handle - It seems like Engadget and MSN have already made it seem like the biggest update is the FM radio - that's a problem!

I was chatting with another CB member, and we both (as i'm sure many of you also) thought a quick little video that you had to watch on the phone, giving you an overview of the newest features would have been the way to go. Everyone sees it and is on the same page - simple and effective!

What do you guys think?
    01-28-14 11:38 AM
    I agree. Need to know how all these functions work
    01-28-14 11:42 AM
    I agree. I myself had to do a 'general checkup' with my phone after updating just to see what were the changes. And yeah! The radio feature was surprising.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. But how about a positive spin on this?

They got the execution side of things. Now they need to apply that to the marketing department. I can only see good things coming!

But you are 110% right. They need to communicate - and if they think advertising in Channels will be enough... it isn't.
    KDB84 likes this.
    I think this has been the most successful rollout of an OS that I can remember - huge props to everyone at BlackBerry for making this happen so smoothly!

My one big issue, however, is that, once again, I'm left wondering how BlackBerry users are going to discover all the new features available. I know that some they'll just stumble upon by happenstance, but a lot will go unnoticed until someone shows them. This isn't something that can be left to the media to handle - It seems like Engadget and MSN have already made it seem like the biggest update is the FM radio - that's a problem!

I was chatting with another CB member, and we both (as i'm sure many of you also) thought a quick little video that you had to watch on the phone, giving you an overview of the newest features would have been the way to go. Everyone sees it and is on the same page - simple and effective!

What do you guys think?
    I like it, as I can choose when to watch it.
    Has anyone found out about the porsche clock bezel
    01-28-14 04:51 PM
    Agreed. Bbry have always been very poor wrt how to's.

Hopefully that will change now.

In part, the reason why CB is so great is that the users figure it out and share on CB.
    01-28-14 07:43 PM
    Totally agree.

I'm used to the U.S. being last to get BlackBerry-related anything, but this rollout looks like it's going smoothly, and just as importantly: it's making everyone happy.

The FM radio is nice (I guess?) but the battery life, Instant Previews, Lock Screen Previews, drop down menu with customizable options, and new call screen are all more notable and more "BlackBerry." Not that an FM radio isn't BlackBerry... but for this emphasis on communications, I think changes to messaging, calls, frequently used menus and battery life are all more important.
    01-29-14 01:38 AM
    How can I reach the radio fm?

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    01-29-14 01:40 AM
    It's in the music player

Zed30
    01-29-14 01:43 AM
    Go to your music app, there's a radio button at the bottom, plug in your earphones (as your antenna), and listen to local radio stations! Awesome!

Posted by CB10 via Z30
    01-29-14 01:43 AM
    I'm trying to figure out why they called it 10.2.1. It seems like a big update should it be called 10.3. I think BlackBerry has a surprise in store for us in the near future and I think it's going to have something to do with BlackBerry World and Google Play.

I can dream

Zed30
    01-29-14 01:48 AM
    I'm trying to figure out why they called it 10.2.1. It seems like a big update should it be called 10.3. I think BlackBerry has a surprise in store for us in the near future and I think it's going to have something to do with BlackBerry World and Google Play.

I can dream

Zed30
    From what I know, 10.3 code branch has significant changes to UI/UX as well. Perhaps new theme or more TAT inspired eye candies. Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 02:04 AM
    Here are all the goodoes of 10.2.1 in gif

http://www.bbin.in/en/?p=21054

Posted via Z30 (STA100-2 | 10.2.1.1925) Powered by Globe Philippines
    willie44 likes this.
    01-29-14 02:14 AM
    Hey thank you. Found it

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    01-29-14 02:19 AM
    This new update is superb. In fact, I have changed my mind "no more interested in iPhone 5s"

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 02:32 AM
    A well thought out post and real about showing how ineffective BlackBerry are at marketing!

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    01-29-14 02:42 AM
    That is where crackberry comes in. My wife just got me to upgrade her q10. Was it because she could load android apps? Have better shortcuts? Use USB hub or miracast?
    No!! It is only so she has the keyboard long press shortcut to dial favourite people. Would she have read about the features or cared to read? Would she have upgraded and looked for new features? No. I told her about the features via the info from crackberry and that is all she wanted. I think for the people who do care, they will find all they need from crackberry and pass it on or suggest some of the features to others who don't care enough. Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    xtremez likes this.
    01-29-14 02:58 AM
    It's some of the little things that people want, that they make use of on a daily basis that are usually the deal-breaker.
    01-29-14 03:01 AM