Just saw the Ad on the Canadian network that carries the superbowl (I liked it) followed immediately by a Bell Canada Ad for the BB10 z10 (Bell owns the channel the superbowl is playing on in Canada)
    02-03-13 08:36 PM
    Mission accomplished!

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/...ps01681394.jpg
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah like that Sammy ad was so cleaver. It sucked.
    That was the entire point of the ad. They had 30 seconds, but there was too much to show, so they didnt show anything. You get it, but you dont get it. Their other advertising will cover the rest.
    Aren't all commercials only 30 seconds? I'm pretty sure other companies have been able to showcase things in that time frame..

But I guess as long as they have to put together a series of commercials in order to demonstrate it.. That's all that really matters..

This ad is spurring discussion, whether good or bad. It's simple awareness ad. Even if people talk about how terrible the Blackberry ad was, they're talking about BlackBerry, which is exactly the point of it all.
    LOL. Ok, that's what's happening.
    02-03-13 08:37 PM
    Odd. I assume they are going for humour and uniqueness.
    02-03-13 08:37 PM
    They just showed the commercial on the Canadian feed. Noticed they pronounced it Zed 10 on this version.

Also was immediately followed up with a Z10 Bell commercial.

I thought it was a great commercial to build awareness to an unknowingly audience.
    02-03-13 08:38 PM
    She's a 10, but you can youtube one of their concerts any time you feel like it.
    True but is that a reason to want someone else? Even at her age she is still better looking than 95% of other entertainers lol. I'll never turn down watching Beyonce lol. Great half time show
    the main thing is Blackberry had an ad, 30 sec is short, and it was a bit of a weird video with the word Blackberry at the end,
    so now they can leverage the ad by explaining to everybody what the heck they were thinking, that is how it goes,
    gets the ball rolling
    pmccartney and convenor like this.
    Aren't all commercials only 30 seconds? I'm pretty sure other companies have been able to showcase things in that time frame..

But I guess as long as they have to put together a series of commercials in order to demonstrate it.. That's all that really matters..

You are missing the point. If they showed features in 30s it would be another everyday ad (those are coming). They have 30s to stand out here, this isnt the place to demonstrate features.
    Yeah like that Sammy ad was so cleaver. It sucked.
    I'm sorry.. Were we discussing the Sammy commercial?

02-03-13 08:39 PM
    The point is, this is not the only commercial they will run. This just tells people they have a new product and it has a lot of features. Stay tuned.
    02-03-13 08:40 PM
    Wow. Tough crowd. You guys do realize that this ad did exactly what it meant. This ad is spurring discussion, whether good or bad. It's simple awareness ad. Even if people talk about how terrible the Blackberry ad was, they're talking about BlackBerry, which is exactly the point of it all. Sheesh.
    It is only being discussed by hard core BB fans. BB will never compete with apple or droid without an effective marketing program period, end of f'ing story!
    02-03-13 08:40 PM
    Just saw the Ad on the Canadian network that carries the superbowl (I liked it) followed immediately by a Bell Canada Ad for the BB10 z10 (Bell owns the channel the superbowl is playing on in Canada)
    Seen it too. The Bell commercial was much better (I thought) as it actually talked about some features and showcased it somewhat.

02-03-13 08:41 PM
    I am a Blackberry fan but I am disappointed in the commercial. I understand they only have 30 seconds but they didnt really show the phone. To be honest the actor could have been on an Iphone while he walked down the street - they didnt show the phone enough and by that I mean they didn't really show off the style or function of the phone, they could have had a store banner with Blackberry, person with a t-shirt on with the Blackberry logo, a bus passing with a Blackberry ad on the side to play into the subconscious of the viewers and its said the purpose of the commercial was to show off the Hub? Well if I didnt follow Blackberry like I do after seeing the commercial I still would have been clueless to what the Hub is. I guess all I can say is that it was a start but a weak one :-( Come on Blackberry show off the Z10
    It is only being discussed by hard core BB fans. BB will never compete with apple or droid without an effwctive marketing program period, end of f'ing story!
    Apparently you are a marketing genius.
    I was curious to find out what random individuals thought about BlackBerry's Super Bowl ad. If your are in a tavern/pub/watering hole and are sober enough to do so, let us know what people around you (and thus around the world) think about the ad and their initial impressions.

Thanks
    J

Well, a man at the urinal was whistling the song.
    Personally I think it had all the best features of good subliminal advertising. The images are catchy inversions that will come back to you when you see someone checking their phone. You can't show 110 million drunk people phone features that are going to blow their mind. The objective was clearly to shift the perception of Blackberry-- and I think they are bang on. Well done!
    kbz1960 and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    02-03-13 08:42 PM

Actually, most of the Super Bowl Ad (2013) I've seen so far are averaging around 1 min. So BB's commercial is really short (and given the companies financial situation, it is understandable).

Edit: Really though, one single ad on the Super Bowl for 30 second won't be a game-changer or a game-breaker. It's the continual onslaught of ads, BB fans and non-fans using the phone in real life and talking about it, spreading the message that will really help sell the phone - not one single minuscule commercial.
    kbz1960 and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    02-03-13 08:44 PM
    That is my point it doesn't take a marketing genius to realize that the BB commercial sucked (and I write this from my BB 9930 so I am a BB fan). Don't be so defensive, I am only expresing my opinion, an opinion which is shared by many.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-03-13 08:45 PM
    Turn that frown upside down! Its a catchy ad. Viewers are too focused on the game to learn about the Hub... but the image inversions will stick with them tomorrow. The phone looks cool, the guy doesn't look like a banker, and it was definitely blackberry. It was about shifting perspective of the brand, and I think it will be pretty effective.
    02-03-13 08:46 PM
    If you are suggesting that I am a genius because of my opinion, I assume that you think the commercial was successful. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but if that is your opinion you are far from a genius.
    02-03-13 08:49 PM
    I'm sorry.. Were we discussing the Sammy commercial?

Someone stuck in here so why not?
    02-03-13 08:50 PM
    Well not sure if its just us crackberry users going to town on the voting but number 3 is pretty good
    Super Bowl Commercials from Feb. 3, 2013 - NFL.com
    02-03-13 08:50 PM
    WTF IT WAS A 30 second superbowl ad. Does anyone else see what other superbowl ads are like? They are goofy, off the wall etc
    02-03-13 08:53 PM
    The Bell ad immediately after was better. "It's not you, it's your network!" So they got to advertise LTE and the z10.
    02-03-13 08:54 PM
    Seen it too. The Bell commercial was much better (I thought) as it actually talked about some features and showcased it somewhat.

Yeah everyone does that in superbowl ads
    02-03-13 08:55 PM
267 ... 56789 ...