Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes
    CrackBerry User

my 12 year old sis got the idea of the AD. do you think a lot of people are going to the web right now to learn more about the new BB??????
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,659 Global Posts

Default Re: Super Bowl Ad - Take note of what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by QuIcKsIlV3r View Post
    Last I checked, March is less than a month away so I don't know where you get a couple of months from
    He probably is expecting end of March and then add another month for good measure, because he expects the usual delays. LOL
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crackedup77 View Post
    Wow. Tough crowd in here.

Imagine if anything can be described well enough in 30 seconds. It's a TV ad people. Put the remote down, take a breath, go outside and relax a little. A lot of panties in a lot of bunches around here.
    In 30 seconds, I could have shown the timeshift camera so 50% of the teenage male population in teh USA see the damn thing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It was cool!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    Yeah....there should be no man alive complaining about that half time show. None lol
    Beyonce was less disappointing. If anything, I now have an appreciation for her as an entertainer, which never existed 30 minutes ago.

I will never provide any income to her, but atleast I can comprehend why some people will pay for her talents/

Global Posts
    10,254 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Well, unless they really like Doritos and more concerned with the dress than the body in it......
    Just sayin'.
    sent from my sexy PlayBook using Tapatalk2 (*_~)
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

Default I really wish it wasn't so but IMHO

The BB commercial was an epic fail. Seriously, no one but hard core BB fans will even know it was a blackberry commercial. WTF, BB is clueless.
    Just say no to Facebook.
    h20work likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts

Hmm ok so basically the guy plays with fire when swiping to the hub to show he Is on fire with the speed and having the power at his fingertips. Then when he is swiping again his legs turn into Elephant legs and the whole building is crashing. This represents That He is on top of the world. He's bigger, larger then anyone else. With the truck coming towards him he swipes again and then the truck turns into rubber duckies. I can't figure out what that means, but the rest is my theory on this commercial.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErnestoBB View Post
    my 12 year old sis got the idea of the AD. do you think a lot of people are going to the web right now to learn more about the new BB??????
    I think most people did not notice for a second that it was a commercial for Blackberry. If they did, this power outage would be a blessing in disguise.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

The ad was not made for crackberry members. I think it was for brand recognition and for the average person. I think overall it is a good commercial thar is not meant to stand alone. Blackberry has 1 full month to explain the phone better.
    Jake2826 and zyben like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Hmm ok so basically the guy plays with fire when swiping to the hub to show he Is on fire with the speed and having the power at his fingertips. Then when he is swiping again his legs turn into Elephant legs and the whole building is crashing. This represents That He is on top of the world. He's bigger, larger then anyone else. With the truck coming towards him he wipes again and then the truck turns into rubber duckies. I can't figure out what that means, but the rest is my theory on this commercial.
    The fact that people are here trying to explain het commercial means that anyone not into blackberry won't bother.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kfh227 View Post
    In 30 seconds, I could have shown the timeshift camera so 50% of the teenage male population in teh USA see the damn thing.
    Pretty sure many phones have that baked in, I know Nokia does, and the rest have an app for that. Peek n flow or the keyboard would of been better.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Samsung's commerical (2 minutes at $14 million):

...and the BB commerical was 30 secs; only so much you can do in 30 secs; raise awareness is about it. Most of the other commercials were averaging at 1 min.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kfh227 View Post
    The fact that people are here trying to explain het commercial means that anyone not into blackberry won't bother.
    No one needs to explain it. I honestly feel bad for anyone that doesn't get it.

'Murica.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Many defenders, and kudos to you. But they needed brand recognition early in the ad and throughout. Start with...

"We're BlackBerry. You thought we were done? You thought we were just an industrial afterthought? Well get a load of this..."

What they showed us could have been anything from an insurance ad to pants. They needed to brand the **** out of that and they didn't.
    richardat likes this.
  16. V22
    CrackBerry User

My cousin, who 30 minutes ago said the blackberry was gone - Now was asking me the price, and whether it was full touch.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Default Super Bowl Ad - Take note of what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    Yeah....there should be no man alive complaining about that half time show. None lol
    I will complain, it sucked! I vote for Carrie Underwood next year, now that would be a show

As for BB ad...... Eh, it was ok. Curious if BB/rim will be around next Super Bowl???
    Last edited by powellcrazy; 02-03-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    That's just wrong LOL

Hmm... that does sound bad. I'm going to get Samsung kewpie doll.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,822 Global Posts

From elsewhere:

The inspiration actually came from the Marvel comic book characters, the Fantastic Four. The BlackBerry user in the commercial grows scaly, elephantine legs, similar to The Thing. He is set on fire without being burned, a take on the Human Torch. When he disappears in a burst of colourful dust, that was inspired by The Invisible Woman. The only thing he does not do is stretch like Mister Fantastic.

BlackBerry Super Bowl ad debut inspired by Fantastic Four - The Globe and Mail
    Thanked by:
    BlackStormRising (02-03-2013) 
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Am I the only one who hasn't seen it, even though I was glued to the screen? Maybe it only aired in the US since, after all, they did pronounce it "ZEE-10".

Saw it on youtube. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by powellcrazy View Post
    I will complain, it sucked! I vote for Carrie Underwood next year, now that would be a show
    I'd rather see Carrie from king of queens.

Sent from my Iphone 5 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

lol @ those criticizing it> you all did that when the first pics of the z10 was shown, when the X now Q10 was shown, now this? its official CB has turned into the forum for whiners and bashers of BB...hey BB is out with a new tablet (oh they could have put this thingamagig in it). Gieco had ads that made you scratch your head....but they did the trick, somtimes not talking directly about your product while advertising it is the best way to marketing....chill out people
    Thanked by:
    9of13 (02-04-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Cale M View Post
    Many defenders, and kudos to you. But they needed brand recognition early in the ad and throughout. Start with...

"We're BlackBerry. You thought we were done? You thought we were just an industrial afterthought? Well get a load of this..."

What they showed us could have been anything from an insurance ad to pants. They needed to brand the **** out of that and they didn't.
    I actually think that would be a terrible idea. No need to talk about the negative things, just Move Forward. This is another example of everyone wanting things tailored to their personal tastes. Everyone had an idea of what they wanted and when they didnt get it they think its bad. This was ONE commercial, the re-branding is just starting. Check out the stores in Canada and the displays and ads they have up.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Not really. Everyone here knows a new BB experience is on the way. To people who don't follow tech blogs, all they will remember if anything is a man whose legs turned into a partial elephant.
    Well yeah, I was talking about the average consumer...those who don't follow these forums. People in my house, and they're my age didn't really get what the commercial was about
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts

I don't think it was a bad commercial. It was a lot better than the "Be Bold" campaign. It's a lot better than the Samsung commercial.

Sent from my Iphone 5 using Tapatalk
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast