I am getting a storm within the next couple of days. I will be using it primarily for IT consulting work. I would like to pick your brains. one of my good friends is a frequent visitor here and has made a few suggestions. i checked out the calendar on his storm and don't feel i'll need to change from the standard calendar, but I have heard rumor about an app that will let you keep track of personal calls and business calls and would like more info on that if anybody has info to share. Google Maps should be sufficient for finding my way to calls. I'd like an app that will allow you to track milage and other deductible expenses for tax purposes. any other nifty apps that an IT consultant/1099 contractor would find helpful would be greatly appreciated. this is my first smart phone, so be gentle. lol
    08-02-09 02:44 AM
    If you are using the phone for IT consulting work, I'd think about the Tour. I like the trackball and qwerty. But you already seem to have made up your mind. So ignore that and get your Storm.

When you get your phone, it will have the Blackberry App Store already installed. If not, look it up and make that one of your first apps installed. In the app store there are countless apps that will let you track your mileage, track your time on calls. even use your phone as a GPS. Some of the apps cost, some are free. But most at least have a trial version. So you can test them before you buy them.
    08-02-09 08:23 AM
    thanks for replying and for the help. i am familiar with the app store and will be checking it out first thing.
    08-02-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD