Greetings,

I'm thinking of getting rid of gmail, in part out of privacy/security concerns. Not sure what to consider for a replacement: But who better to ask than the BB community, for whom security is a middle name. So my question:

What do you guys recommend for a secure, private, imap, email service? What are the best, most-user-friendly options? Of course, it must be BB-friendly!

Thanks
    12-26-14 05:05 PM
    outlook for personal for sure...for enterprise someone will chime in
    12-26-14 05:11 PM
    I use Outlook.com. It is very BlackBerry friendly. I'm not sure how secure it is. Or how secure anything is these days but I get a better feeling about it than I did using Gmail. When Google linked everything up through G+ and started emailing my mother if I liked a video on youtube it all got far too creepy for me!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 05:13 PM
    I would be interested to see the response. I have often had the same concerns regarding gmail.

Posted via CB10
    BBHermes likes this.
    12-26-14 05:14 PM
    This is a good question, seeing Blackberry doesn't have their own email service. Maybe one day they will. I switched over to outlook.com as well over a year ago and have never had an issue. It works with anything and I don't get bombarded with spam like I did with Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 05:23 PM
    Outlook.com 100%! I have used many. I own a business and have all my employees on BlackBerry. We use Outlook for all of my thousands of customers contacts, calendar for scheduling, and hundreds of emails a day. Outlook has worked flawless and much better than Gmail and others I have tried.

Swiped on a beautiful AMOLED BlackBerry.
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    12-26-14 05:47 PM
    Outlook is from Microsoft and Microsoft equals anti privacy.

There's emails that are pro privacy, pro security, pro consumer and some aren't even in the US so that means it doesn't have to follow any if the US' unconstitutional crap.

Posted via CB10
    chalx, Smitty13, nah.uhh and 2 others like this.
    12-26-14 05:53 PM
    12-26-14 06:10 PM
    I have used Gmail the last few years, but I do miss my old BlackBerry email address and I would be willing to pay a fee if they ever where to consider bringing it back again.

I know allot of folks tell me to go the outlook route, but to me, all of these tech companies here in the USA have caved in to the NSA and they are no better than Google in that regard.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-26-14 06:11 PM
    While you are reviewing your options. You can manage your privacy settings via your Google Dashboard. and Google Ad Settings.
    BBHermes likes this.
    12-26-14 06:22 PM
    I was thinking what if email was p2p? Why does it even need to be on a server?

Our phones and computers are online 24/7. We don't "dial-in" anymore to retrieve email from a server. Searching and indexing our email is nice, but we don't need Google for that. It's quite simple.

The cloud is overrated. Gmail offers 7gb wow, and SD card with 8gb is $4 now. I'd pay the $4 to not have to see ads.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:23 PM
    I use outlook. Don't know if it's any better than Gmail when it comes to privacy.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:28 PM
    Yandex has an English website for its email services and other like Disk (cloud). Works like a charm in the Hub but is painfully slow in Gmail app on Android. I wouldn't be surprised if Google was trying to protect its own services in its own apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:41 PM
    I know allot of folks tell me to go the outlook route, but to me, all of these tech companies here in the USA have caved in to the NSA and they are no better than Google in that regard.
    I'm curiously surprised at how many recommend outlook.com! I would have considered any Microsoft product out of the running for security and privacy purposes by mere virtue of the fact that it is, er, a Microsoft product!

But so many of you so have have recommended it I'll at least take a look...
    12-26-14 07:03 PM
    Outlook is from Microsoft and Microsoft equals anti privacy.

There's emails that are pro privacy, pro security, pro consumer and some aren't even in the US so that means it doesn't have to follow any if the US' unconstitutional crap.
    Can you name a few? I came across this link

10 Google Gmail Alternatives

but doesn't really say much about security or privacy...
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    12-26-14 07:05 PM
    Outlook.com (Live) works great. Gmail is now my spam email account.

Blackberry Passport SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.908
    12-26-14 07:11 PM
    Very secure with no ads and hosted in Switzerland (strict privacy laws)
    Anonymous Secure Email - Email Hosting - Email Account - Email Provider - Anonymous Email - Encrypted Email Service
    BBHermes likes this.
    12-26-14 07:26 PM
    So has Google and Facebook. All that is BS. Did you already forget how the Facebook creator said he was against it and the next day, the awesome Snowden proved how it was a lie?

Posted via CB10
    BBHermes likes this.
    12-26-14 08:08 PM
    Outlook.com all the way!

Works well with BB.

Great service and does everything I need.

Posted via CB10
    boysontheblock likes this.
    12-26-14 08:13 PM
    Excellent! Following up on this I see this comparison chart

Privacy-Conscious Email Services

and review/comparison that links to the above:

Choosing An Email Provider

The main competition to neomailbox appears to be

https://mykolab.com/

and

https://runbox.com/

Will check out all three... thanks again, kyoiskyo; you've set me on the right track!
    dusdal likes this.
    12-26-14 08:23 PM
    MyKolab seems to make at least a token effort at being BB-friendly:

https://kolabsys.com/news/blackberry...pware-solution
    "Blackberry Z10 supports Kolab Groupware Solution"

https://mykolab.com/features
    "This works with all devices that support ActiveSync, such as Android, iPhone or Blackberry Z10."

Not sure if this gives MyKolab any competitive advantage over neomailbox but it's nice to see this kind of mention...
    12-26-14 09:10 PM
    They are trying to change things, though I agree nobody should have to jump through hoops to have privacy over their own e-mails.
    BBHermes likes this.
    12-26-14 09:22 PM
    Okay, so maybe this sounds but I've got two Gmail accounts and 2 Yahoo accounts. All of which are at least more than a few years old and my contacts are very used to them. If I made the switch to say, Outlook...it would be a nightmare getting all my contacts to email me correctly. So do I just import all my contacts and send one massive email saying to use this new email? I mean I'm gonna be buried with this cell number, it would be impossible to give this up.

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    DesRee likes this.
    12-26-14 09:31 PM
    I'm curiously surprised at how many recommend outlook.com! I would have considered any Microsoft product out of the running for security and privacy purposes by mere virtue of the fact that it is, er, a Microsoft product!

But so many of you so have have recommended it I'll at least take a look...
    I'd be using Outlook.com as primary except that I find its IMAP speed to be subpar to Gmail when using a PC email client to sync. But if just using it on a phone it'll use Exchange Active Sync which works great. Of course if you use an EAS enabled email client on your PC I suppose that would work as well.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    BBHermes likes this.
    12-27-14 02:08 AM
    Try Zoho mail people. It is developed in India. No SPAM, No Ads.
    BBHermes likes this.
    12-27-14 02:14 AM
168 123 ...