My BB curve is only 2 weeks old. it was working beautifully until this afternoon when a call came in and they could hear me but I could not hear them. I checked to be sure my bluetooth was disconnected (it was) turned it off and back on, finaly removed the battery. Still no sound. The tones work, I can hear the alerts but no audio. Any suggestions?
    10-02-08 01:30 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

There is a bug in the released version of the OS that locks out the speaker if you interrupt certain non-BlackBerry audio files. Usually they are received as attachments to text messages.

The quick fix is to activate Voice Activated Dialing, that will free up the speaker.

There are reports the later versions of the OS have corrected the problem.

For now, it is best to let the audio clip play to completion and you will not experience the problem.
    10-02-08 02:26 PM
    That worked for me today too as well. Problem occurred after interrupting loud audio playback in an MMS. Next thing you know I can't hear any callers, voicemail but I get all the ringers normal. Battery pull didn't fix it, but 2 attempts of Voice Dialing released the internal speaker finally.

Weird glitch, thanks.
    10-30-08 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD