This has been talked about a few times and I read them, and mine situation's a bit different. So first: Ver'zn Storm, 9350, OS5...419. I run quick pull nightly in auto.

For past few weeks I've been hovering about 15mb of memory available. In the past two days, VZ pushed out a bunch of crap that I did NOT sign up for. BB APPS pushed out some updates to my programs, which I updated. All of then added up to about the same memory as before. BB App MGR asked to be updated, I said no a few times, then it just happened on me! So I pressed a wrong button or got taken again.

Any how, I check the memory after this paragraph of changes - same number of programs but 23mb of memory avail!!! So, why? I reset all the time. No new stuff added except above. Nothing removed that I could find. I tried every icon I have showing and not showing and cannot figure out how I gained this memory.

Any thoughts?
    03-10-10 01:30 PM
    Two scenarios. 1) BB App MGR update could have given you back 7MB.
    2) the update caused the BB to erase old call history/text messages/email, which freed up the space.
    03-10-10 02:37 PM
    good ideas. I checked histories, logs, texts, emails. They are as long still as I had them after "mass" deleting I did about 3 weeks ago. I didn't find any blank spots or short lists.

Can't tell about BB App Mgr - unless it was storing some stuff then was nuked when it unloaded and reloaded.
    03-10-10 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD