Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Successfully unlocked BB shows SOS!

I recently switched from Rogers to Bell. After having the Torch for a week I hated it, successfully unlocked my old 8520, however now i can only get the SOS in the top right hand corner.

I tried the pieces of paper on the back of the SIM card to make it a more snug fit, but thats not working either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

I had the same issue with my 8220. The problem was that the card was beat up so bad from being pulled in & out so much I had pretty much worn though the contacts. I'd frequently have to power off readjust the card then power back up, usually solved the problem for me.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Default Incompatible

Sorry to tell you this, but the 8520 is an EDGE (2G)-only phone. Bell doesn't have an EDGE (2G) network, only an HSPA (3G) network, so you'd need a Curve 3G (9300), Pearl 3G (9100), Bold 9000, 9700 or 9780 or a Torch.

Either those or a phone on their older CDMA network. You'll notice they offer the 8530, which is the 8520's CDMA sibling.
    Last edited by matthewm46; 01-09-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,235 Global Posts

Matthew is right, the 8520 is not compatible with Bell's HSPA+ (3G) network. I don't think Bell have any future plan to go backward to GSM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,064 Global Posts

Only Blackberry series 9000 and up will work on Bell
    CrackBerry Genius

They're all right, 8520 is not 3G+ compatible.... 9000, 9300, 9700, 9800, 9780 will do just fine.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Mines is doing the same but my sim card is tmobile I'm in ny us... Pls help