This will likely work with most other carriers as well, if not all.

Alright, so I dug around on the Internet for a while, and used my own Blackberry experience to get this to work.

If you're having problems to get all the benefits that BIS 2.5 offers, you definitely need OS 4.5. Any flavor will work. I'm pretty sure, as I've tried this with two myself.

Log into your BIS email acct. on AT&T's Blackberry email site, and get your Service Books, by simply clicking on "Send Service Books" on the main site where you would add, delete, or edit your email accounts.

You can do this, to cover all your bases, but it is likely not necessary: On your BB. re-register your device by going to Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table, and click "Register" from the menu. You will then get an email which tells you that your device has been registered with the network.

I then shut down my Blackberry, took the battery out for a minute, and rebooted it. Again, I just wanted to make sure that everything was done, even if one of these steps may have been overkill. It will only cost you a minute.

And then I see SUCCESS!!! I logged back into the Blackberry email site on AT&T, and first of all, was able to add my Windows Live account, just like that. ZERO problems. This was one BIG deal for me, and one of the promised BIS 2.5 benefits, i.e. being able to add "the big 4" email accounts, with full PUSH email capabilities!

Then, I proceeded to remove and re-add one of my AOL accounts. No problems there, BUT, there is now a green envelope, with the AOL logo, and it also says AOL on it, instead of the usual default Blackberry envelope on my Blackberry's main screen!! Awesome!! It said to wait approx. 20 minutes before I was going to be able to receive messages!

These were all signs that the above procedures had obviously worked!!

I can also now view attachments with zooming into pictures, etc., which wasn't possible before!

One more thing, which is another indication that shows that it's working!

I now have the setting:

Enable HTML Viewing: Yes/No

Which you want to set to YES, of course, except for special circumstances, such as poor signal quality, e.g. GPRS-only, email containing LOTS of HTML, etc.

This setting was one to look for, someone told me in another thread, and before I performed the above mentioned procedures, it had NOT been before!

So this IS one (or maybe one of two) steps to GUARANTEE for anyone who doesn't have them already, to get ALL BIS 2.5 benefits! Woohooo!! Blackberry's RULE!

Oh, and I might want to add that...

EVERY EMAIL IS PUSHED, AND IN FULL HTML NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It feels like having a new Blackberry all over again!!

I hope this helps a lot of you guys!

I'm very happy. I will add to this guide if I find out anything else. Please also let me know if this works for you.
    07-01-08 10:54 AM
    Little confused--I've always got my aol email pushed to my BB....do I need to remove it and re add it so that I can get the "envelope"?
    07-01-08 11:05 AM
    Good job Crunch. This worked for me and I LOVE the new views. You were right, it is like having a new device!!! Thanks a lot my friend. L8R

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 11:09 AM
    And also now the option of downloading attachments and editing them in Docs to Go. And downloading audio files sent as attachments. Great for Youmail.
    07-01-08 11:40 AM
    thanks Crunch!!! I followed these instructions to a T and my email still doesn't show up as HTML. Where is the setting: Enable HTML Viewing: Yes/No? Thanks!!!
    Last edited by miss_michelle; 07-01-08 at 11:47 AM.
    07-01-08 11:43 AM
    in messages/email settings is where you would find this option...
    i was told that to get the html emails to work that your carriers tcp settings need to be filled in as well....as i have an unlimited email plan which blockes out the internet, i am SOL!
    07-01-08 12:29 PM
    thanks Crunch!!! I followed these instructions to a T and my email still doesn't show up as HTML. Where is the setting: Enable HTML Viewing: Yes/No? Thanks!!!
    in messages/email settings is where you would find this option...
    i was told that to get the html emails to work that your carriers tcp settings need to be filled in as well....as i have an unlimited email plan which blockes out the internet, i am SOL!

07-01-08 01:00 PM
    Mine's already set to HTML but I'm still not showing HTML emails. I guess I'll keep trying. Thanks!
    07-01-08 01:35 PM
    Sorry for the lateness of my response, Miss Michelle!

Go to any email account, click Options from the Menu, and there are all of your email settings. The option Enable HTML Yes/No has to be there for one, and obviously set to Yes, which, by default, it is.

If you're still having problems, rinse and repeat. haha...meaning turn off your BB, resend yourself the Service Books, and/or have the device reregister itself to the network, by going to Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table, and click "Register" from the menu.

Let us know how you do!
    07-06-08 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD