I finally got tha cajones to follow john clarks "memory optimization" step by step and everything worked fine until I plugged my phone into my pc to sync it. Actually my phone works perfectly and all my info is here except for the fact that there's NO THEME! The themes (all the ones I wanted which are today dimension themes) are all listed but they won't load and they won't work. My phone threw up some error like java lang and now its completely screwed.
    There was also an error 502 when I was trying to use the dm to fix it by repairing modules.
    I don't know what to do
    Everything still works perfectly. Maybe I will go down to the tmo store when I wake up, but what will I tell them? I broke my phone trying to unlock themes and free up memory?
    I do have like 22mgs of device memory instead of 13 though and everything works its just an ugly black and white dimension icon style theme(no theme) instead of my today plus.
    Any advice or ridicule is appreciated! (Thanks Liam for your help so far, I'm sure if you were here to see it you could fix it)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 12:49 PM
    Did you try reloading the OS? Make a backup, first, though. Or, maybe make a backup...wipe handheld, then restore backup.
    04-16-08 12:52 PM
    I back it up every week, when I went to restore in dm manager and went into backup/restore the option was grey. I will wipe it and attempt a restore when I wake up. Thanks

04-16-08 12:58 PM
    Man, I need to know how you participate in forums in your sleep! Let me know, when you wake up haha.
    04-16-08 01:03 PM
    Because my berry is broke and now I can't sleep. Its almost been 22 hours since I woke up yesterday.

04-16-08 01:15 PM
    Holy crapola. Fix the berry!
    04-16-08 01:16 PM
    Holy crapola. Fix the berry!
    Very SOUND advice!
    04-16-08 01:22 PM
    Did you accidentally delete one of the Dimension .cod files? If you did, you run the risk of erasing all the themes. Make sure you keep all the Dimension themes on the software.
    Very good, thats exactly it
    its not exactly as it should be
    when i restart it it says "uncaught exception- java.lang.error"
    and now my bis doesnt work, which is really strange because it obviously worked fine when my phone was all messed up
    in manage connections>services status> Blackberry I S connection: not connected
    04-16-08 02:18 PM
    I Still Cant Sleep!
    04-16-08 02:19 PM
    oh man! Someone needs a hug and a valium.
    Hope you get that staightened out buddy.
    04-16-08 02:55 PM
    Okay everything is perfect now
    Thanks for your help, I can sleep now and I have all these cool themes to try when I wake up

04-16-08 02:55 PM
    That is scary .....
    I think I'd rather have less free memory than chance making a paperweight out of my phone
    04-16-08 10:48 PM
    Good Luck with the Berry. Get some sleep.
    04-16-08 11:01 PM
    Uncaught exception is the last resort for the BlackBerry Java engine. It means the only active thread has haulted.

Good to see you got it back.

If all else fails, reinstall with the default settings. Removing COD files does have it's risks.
    04-16-08 11:01 PM
    Can't be kickin it live without sleep.

04-16-08 11:19 PM
    I did something similar and thought I bricked my baby trying to unlock themes! It was late and there was no way I could have slept with it like that. I wiped and reloaded twice! I finally fixed it and went to bed at 4am!

I feel your pain and am glad you've resolved the problem!!!

04-16-08 11:42 PM
    Yes, you will get that when you erase the wrong themes. When I downloaded my crossbar theme, I figured I didn't need the other 4 themes and deleted them. I got the same black -n- white screen/icon setup. I put them back, set theme and rebooted.
    04-16-08 11:45 PM
    yeah, i knew i didnt screw it up bad bc everything was still there and everything still worked.
    just one of those things
    04-17-08 01:22 AM
    whoa, i don't know what happened, but glad things are a-ok!
    04-17-08 02:37 AM
    i removed the wrong .cod file
    i didnt delete it so no big deal
    04-17-08 03:35 AM
    now you just have the fun of re-editing the blackberry.alx file to hide the vendor themes that you don't like..

I unlocked pretty much all of them to begin with, and then ended up keeping one :lol:
    04-17-08 06:54 AM
    I figured I'll jump in and ask, since you guys are the experts. So how do you remove/delete the pre-loaded pics that you can use as backgrounds on your curve? (media>pictures>preloaded pics) I only want to move a few not all. I am not really good with this stuff , so please explain step by step. Thanks much appriciated.
    You can only remove all or none. The preloaded pics are in a single cod file.

Optimize your BB! How To Setup for max free memory!
    04-17-08 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD