What is the point of using the WIFI? I have the mandatory data package through verizon. So what am I missing?
    02-06-10 03:03 AM
    your internet browser will run faster on Wifi
    02-06-10 04:43 AM
    Sometimes a WiFi connection indoors will be much better than your wireless. We see that in a local bookstore with a WiFi hotspot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 06:05 AM
    WiFi is good when you travel outside when roaming. The rates you pay in your country is not valid when you are roaming. If you have WiFi, in another country you can connect to your BIS account via WiFi without extra charge.
    02-06-10 06:50 AM
    It saves on battery life like you wouldn't beleive! and its faster most times. You dont get any data charges like explained about. Other good things, you can talk and surf at the same time and it will work if you dont have a cell signal but do have wifi access
    02-06-10 09:03 AM
    What is the point of using the WIFI? I have the mandatory data package through verizon. So what am I missing?
    Just got my Storm2 yesterday, primarily for WIFI. I get very poor wireless signal from my home (usually -110 dbm) and it's almost impossible to: browse web; bbm; email and download/update apps - anything web related. With my Storm1, I had to drive away from my house to download apps (Pain in the A!)

What a difference WIFI makes!! Great phone/upgrade. Glad I did it.
    02-06-10 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD