Oh man...

I feel like the world's dumbest BlackBerry user...

So I got a new Bold... and I set out to sell it.

Well, with everything said and done... it sold, and I shipped it out.

BUT-

I mailed it out... without wiping it.

/FACEPALM ! /FACEPALM ! /FACEPALM ! /FACEPALM ! /FACEPALM ! /FACEPALM !

I doubt there's anything I can do at this point, except for maybe explain to the buyer and walk them through the whole wiping process-

And hope to god that the buyer isn't a psycho.

::cries::

Anyone else do something similar? Or do something to compromise your Berry's security?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 05-07-09 at 04:57 PM.
    05-07-09 04:55 PM
    Ouch. Was your bank account # on your phone with millions of dollars in it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 04:58 PM
    But of course!
    05-07-09 05:02 PM
    Wow that Totally sucks... especially if you have any valuable info on that phone aside from that i mean if dude gets drunk and bored once night all your contacts may start to receive prank calls... hehehe
    05-07-09 05:07 PM
    If your phone is connected to a BES or even BIS, you can call your admin and have them wipe it for you.
    05-07-09 05:09 PM
    If your phone is connected to a BES or even BIS, you can call your admin and have them wipe it for you.
    Argh... I'll have to try that out...
    05-07-09 05:11 PM
    As long as there's no naughty pics of you or personal info then tell them how to wipe it

05-07-09 08:22 PM
    Wow bad luck prada. Maybe the person you sold it to will do the right thing and just wipe the device...
    05-07-09 08:25 PM
    Oh man prada....I hope things work out for you and bis gets that resolved OR you get in touch with the new buyer and they wipe the device out. I wish you luck that it all works out...

05-07-09 08:43 PM
    Oh, wow, talk about braingas! We need to get you a ringer of Dr.Phil repeating "WHAT were you thinkin'?" Hope this works out to the good for you.

05-07-09 08:47 PM
    I sold a phone once and forgot it had SimGuard on it. So when the new owner put their sim in, text alerts and GPS location messages went out to all my contacts saying my phone had been stolen. It was kinda funny in hind sight and the new owner, new to BlackBerry, was impressed.
    05-07-09 09:06 PM
    Same thing happened to my brother and he never even noticed! Luckily the person he sold it to was legit and messaged him about it!
    05-07-09 11:10 PM
    Maybe you should tell the new owner that you did have SimGuard installed and Interpol are tracking him as you speak and only by listening to you explaing how to wipe it will save him from some special forces visit or serious jail time! Adding that you work for the government in some secret capacity should ensure he wipes it double quick time.
    05-07-09 11:26 PM
    I would totally freak if something like that happened to me. If I were you, I'd try to get it wiped before the new owner gets it.
    05-07-09 11:34 PM
    Whew. That's a newb mistake right there. But stuff happens. I hope nothing bad happens.

05-07-09 11:45 PM
    ouch. well, as long as you didn't have naughty pics or open passwords, you should be fine. did you have smrtguard installed on it? you could do a remote wipe then... if not, hopefully the buyer won't be a stalker.
    05-08-09 06:22 AM
    lets hope the new owner doesnt hit up any of your BBM contacts (if you use it) and pretend to be you! that could cause a few problems and red faces...
    if I were you I'd let your peeps know ur new PIN...
    05-08-09 06:51 AM
    howd u mail it? can u have it returned??
    05-08-09 12:16 PM
    Talk about your sleepless nights! I hope you had passwords on your important stuff (Password Keeper). I hope this works out for you.
    05-08-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD