I am sad. I had to do it. I took my pearl back and traded in for the curve. I loved my pearl but I just couldn't see the screen very well. I was afraid to do it because the pearl worked so well and had no flaws. I hope the curve is the same. Anyway, now I have to learn some basics again. sigh.
    12-19-07 06:06 PM
    Because its all in the BB fam, there will not be much of a learning curve for you!
    12-19-07 06:13 PM
    Haha Aprylgem - nice pun!

Ladydianab - soon you will love your new Curve as much as you loved your Pearl.
    12-19-07 06:41 PM
    Great call!! Curve's are the BEST!!!
    12-19-07 07:13 PM
    Curves are cool
    12-19-07 07:57 PM
    Because its all in the BB fam, there will not be much of a learning curve for you!
    very good!!
    12-20-07 02:10 AM
    Lurve the Curve!
    12-20-07 07:54 AM
    *sniff* if only the curve was CDMA as well.
    12-20-07 09:10 AM
    I did the same thing. Though not for the screen size, it was those keys. They weren't working out for me. So I hurried and traded my Pearl in with one day to spare before I was stuck with it for 2 more years.

Best decision EVER. I love my Curve. Have no regrets what so ever. Love it!! And it didn't take long to learn it either.
    12-20-07 11:02 AM
    ok, im a newbie obviously. what is the difference between the curve and the pearl. I have the vzw pearl and see a lot of vzw berrys wanting the curve badly.
    whats the difference?
    12-21-07 04:24 AM
    When you get use to Curve, you will say: "Why did I ever have Pearl!"...
    12-21-07 04:42 AM
    ok, im a newbie obviously. what is the difference between the curve and the pearl. I have the vzw pearl and see a lot of vzw berrys wanting the curve badly.
    whats the difference?
    The pearl is smaller, with the suretype keyboard, where the curve is a bit larger, and has a normaly qwerty keyboard on it.

Actually, these photos and descriptions would provide a better idea:

BlackBerry

It shows the pearl and curve side by side.
    Last edited by pgregory; 12-21-07 at 08:59 AM.
    12-21-07 07:56 AM
    I have been a Suncom customer now for about 7 years here in South Carolina and when I purchased my BB Pearl the 8100 is the ONLY BB they offered. Naturally when upgrade time came I used my credits threw in some bucks and came out with my new Pearl BB. The suretype keyboard took me about two weeks and TONS of patience to learn. I figured I was stuck with it for two years I was not about to go back to a normal cell phone. LOL. Now I wish I had waited on Suncom to get the Curve instead. The good news is that Tmobile purchased Suncom and if I am patient for the next couple of months we all might get a new upgrade from Tmobile. Guess which model I want??
    12-21-07 09:59 AM
    I patiently waited on my work to rid me of my 7105. Couldn't take it any longer so I went on my own plan and got my Curve. Best move I ever made! Poor CDMA customers, no curve for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-07 08:16 PM
    Not till next year some time....of course then the 9000 will be coming to GSM carriers....*sigh*
    12-21-07 09:07 PM
    Hi everyone. I have had my pearl 8100 for about 7 months and I just upgraded to a curve on tmobile. Mostly because of the keyboard. I am a fast typer but the 8100's keyboard slowed me down. I have my curve now and I dont know how I lived without it!!!!!!!! Its my baby!!!!
    12-21-07 09:26 PM
    So basically the pearl and the curve are the same? Except for the keyboard and size?

12-21-07 09:30 PM
    Long live the curve! Until the 9000 comes out! lol

01-04-08 03:07 AM
    So basically the pearl and the curve are the same? Except for the keyboard and size?

Some of the menus and options are a bit more well done, as well. It's the small things that I noticed. But, yes, keyboard and 2MP camera are the only 'real' differences. Oops, forgot WiFi...don't use it, so I forget about it easily.
    Last edited by Strontium; 01-04-08 at 06:36 AM. Reason: senior moment
    01-04-08 04:45 AM
    love my pearl! good luck w/ your curve. at least you staying in the CB family!
    01-04-08 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD