so i was out with my friend the other night, and were standing in the bathroom right.. all of a sudden i hear a phone going off. its just the standard *ring! ring!* you know.... well, we both have music for our ringtones.... so were looking everywhere for this phone thats ringing... long story short, it was MY phone! how does this happen?? i dont have a special ringtone for the person who was calling, and ive never even had the generic ring ring thingie set on my phone! it hasnt happened since then, or ever before!

is this weird.. or am i just nuts??? (or both??)
    05-07-08 03:12 PM
    Was your phone next to a magnet? Maybe your profile has that ring tone set for "when in holster"...so if it was by a magnet that may explain in. That's all I can think of XD
    05-07-08 03:28 PM
    You didn't delete a ringtone or something did you? I've deleted a ringtone and so when a call comes in that would use that ringtone, it can't find it and rings the default ringtone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 03:31 PM
    hmm.... nope havent deleted any ringtones .. not even once since ive owned my phone.

ummm im not sure that theres any way i could have been near a magnet. i was honestly standing in a bathroom of a bar. plus my phone was in my purse..... that is such a good thought though!
    05-07-08 03:38 PM
    hmm.... nope havent deleted any ringtones .. not even once since ive owned my phone.

ummm im not sure that theres any way i could have been near a magnet. i was honestly standing in a bathroom of a bar. plus my phone was in my purse..... that is such a good thought though!

Maybe your purse has a magnetic clip? haha
    05-07-08 03:43 PM
    haha maybe! seriously... i dont get it!
    05-07-08 03:51 PM
    Was it a call or some other type of phone event, like a notifier or msg of some sort?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 06:46 PM
    nope.. it was a call...
    05-08-08 10:46 AM
    Maybe your purse has a magnetic clip? haha
    Sounds like the best bet to me. Go to profiles>advanced>whatever your active profile is>menu>edit>phone and see if your in holster ringtone is the ring you heard. That would confirm whether it is a magnet causing your phone to think it's in a holster or not.
    05-08-08 10:52 AM
    erik youre smart!!
    i checked it, and its my default ringer that i use for all my calls. so that couldnt have been the case. am i nuts here???
    05-08-08 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD