I received a weird email from what appears to be RIM after the outage Saturday. It reads like this.... This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server . Please do not. delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
    Anyone get a message like that? It has 2 attachments in it. Should I be opening them?

Thanks in advance....

Kimberly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 08:05 AM
    I didn't get that email after the outage but I did get the same e-mail when I first set up my BB and it was only to the email address that I set up through work. I saved it just incase.

03-30-08 08:09 AM
    Haven't heard anyone mention this yet.
    Am sure someone would respond soon with an answer for you
    03-30-08 08:12 AM
    Thanks! I'm afraid to delete the email now lol. Under what I posted are a bunch of letters and numbers. It looks like some kind of code.

03-30-08 08:21 AM
    The problem is the you have a damaged CMIME service book record.

Go to Options/Advanced Options/ServiceBook and delete the CMIME entry.
    Then you have to go to your carriers BIS, and resend service books

You can delete the email.
    Last edited by Timewalk; 03-30-08 at 08:28 AM.
    03-30-08 08:26 AM
    And what, may I ask is a CMIME service book? Hate to sound stupid but I'm the type that has to know what things are and do :-)

03-30-08 08:31 AM
    1.Delete the following service books:
    *Desktop [CMIME]
    *Desktop [CICAL]

2.Modify the BlackBerry Desktop Software configuration.

3.Verify the Redirector Settings icon does not appear in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

4. If the Redirector Settings icon does appear, uninstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

5. Reinstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software and choose the BlackBerry Internet Email option during installation.

6. Register the device on the network to receive the service books.

* Some differences may exist depending on carrier.
    03-30-08 08:34 AM
    My BB is working fine. Do I still have to do that even though I'm not having any problems? Chaz, your post totally confused me. I'm only a computer illiterate nurse, have pity on me!

03-30-08 08:38 AM
    Its what chaz says. I don't think its damaged because the service book delete and resend didn't fix it for me. You have to change the redirect settings also. This is mentioned by a number of people.

03-30-08 12:30 PM
    Basically - uninstall desktop manager, then re-install making sure to choose BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) when prompted.
    03-30-08 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD