I currently have a Storm and am coming up on end of contract w/ VZW. I am considering an upgrade to either a Storm2, DROID 2 World or iPhone 4. My Storm has done okay and by staying with it, I would already have my extra batteries, chargers and case. Finally, I don't need to do this until after the first of the year.

I would like to to be able to tether via WiFi various devices (iPad, iPod, Laptop, eReader, etc.) from my phone when needed. I have used Tether (BT & USB) from my current Storm and am satisfied w/ the speed, etc. Basically, I need for the phone to become a WiFi Hotspot.

Can this be done with the Storm2? Is anyone working on something like this for the Storm2?

TIA - Tom
    10-23-10 04:45 AM
    From what I've read, the Storm cannot be configured as a Wifi hotspot. I believe this is possible with a Droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 08:19 AM
    i thought the feature was pulled from the droid.... but who knows.
    Rumor is that the S3 will have it... but who knows if the phone is even real at this point.

I would hold out a bit longer to see whats coming for the holidays...
    10-23-10 09:00 AM
    I currently have a Storm and am coming up on end of contract w/ VZW. I am considering an upgrade to either a Storm2, DROID 2 World or iPhone 4. My Storm has done okay and by staying with it, I would already have my extra batteries, chargers and case. Finally, I don't need to do this until after the first of the year.

I would like to to be able to tether via WiFi various devices (iPad, iPod, Laptop, eReader, etc.) from my phone when needed. I have used Tether (BT & USB) from my current Storm and am satisfied w/ the speed, etc. Basically, I need for the phone to become a WiFi Hotspot.

Can this be done with the Storm2? Is anyone working on something like this for the Storm2?

TIA - Tom
    can't be done with a storm2. the only option is to a program like tether and wire it to the 1 device you want internet on.
    10-24-10 12:55 PM
    I believe most droids when rooted can do this. My incredible is rooted and I have wifi hotspot, and I rooted my wife's droid eris, and she has wifi hotspot.
    10-24-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD