HOLY mother!...I'm not certain as to how this came about...i was screwing around with removing the microSD card, to sync my data files, which by the way is impossible in normal setup.

Then what do I behold, when I insert my SD card in the unit WHILE its plugged into my XP machine....My Storm shows up as a Removable Storage Device!!!!! Thats right...its not showing up under "Other" under MY Computer...but under Devices with Removable Storage...I HAVE A DRIVE LETTER ASSIGNED TO MY STORM & SD CARD!!!!

This IS AWESOME!!!!! I mean I can use my Goodsync proggy to sync my data between my PC, Laptop &....my BB STORM!!! this is huge....I just sync my Storm like its a normal USB drive...WAY COOL. So...I've heard this is possible. I've turned rebooted my PC a few times...and MY storm...it defaults always now to showing it as a Removable Storage device. Is the supposed to be? 'Cause this answers all my sync issues, I've got about 2 dozen folders with all kinds of data, photoshop, pdf's, doc's, spreadsheets...even my outlook.pst file!!!! All sync wonderfully!

How can duplicate this...has anyone else been able to do this?

Please let me know.

Big R
    03-07-09 07:31 PM
    ....what I meant is...I heard this wasn't supposed to be able to happen on all the searchs I've done.

Big R
    03-07-09 07:33 PM
    it's called mass storage mode, and its a setting under options on your storm.
    03-07-09 07:53 PM
    ...humm, I had that enabled before and nothing, do you have to reboot the storm for that feature to do that efffect? 'cause I had enabled mass storage mode. ...whats the possible side effects?

Big R
    03-07-09 07:58 PM
    ...humm, I had that enabled before and nothing, do you have to reboot the storm for that feature to do that efffect? 'cause I had enabled mass storage mode. ...whats the possible side effects?

Big R
    you shouldn't have to reboot for it to take effect. If mass storage mode is enabled that is how it is supposed to work, it should show up as a removable drive. however if you set mass storage mode to prompt then you need to manually choose it (on the phone) everytime you plug in the phone.

no side effects but some programs will force this setting off to sync with the phone. again if you enable it he programs that requre it to be disable will usually prompt you and disable it from the PC for the current session.
    03-07-09 08:09 PM
    Cheers to that piece of good news. Goodsync works like a hot damn, now with this new development...I'm in heaven!!!! holy crap am I happy about this. Thanks....
    03-07-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD