Verizon pretty much screwed me over and hurried me into sending the rebate in for my Storm so by the time i discovered that I wasnt that into the Storm it was already too late to return(even though it was within the 30 days). The guy at Verizon told me to just find someone to trade with so I am now in the process of looking to trade someone for a brand new curve and some $$ on the side but unfortunatly am having no luck...some of vzw policies really make me laugh.
    02-25-09 09:02 AM
    im sorry to hear that
    I always thought that you can return a blackberry/phone before 30 days
    02-25-09 09:05 AM
    yea mee too but unfortunatly once the rebate is sent in its final, no exceptions made
    02-25-09 09:07 AM
    Ehh... My verizon store takes the rebate off of what you paid for the phone. So if you had a 70$ mir, and the full price was 140$ you'd get back 70 (assuming you're also getting your rebate). I'm not sure who told you its final, but its not final. Call customer service about that bc I think whoever told you that is either being lazy, dumb or maybe alittle bit of both

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 09:13 AM
    I would trade mine, but unfortunately, I'm not with Verizon. Sorry, good luck though
    02-25-09 09:13 AM
    ya i think the main problem was i purchased from a 3rd party company (one of the kiosks in the mall) because they gave me some added accessories and an extra charger for free. they told me that once i shipped in the label off the side of the box they could not take it back because they could not resell, and verizon could not take it back because 3rd party sales have nothing to do with them...so i kind of screwed myself over unintentionally. So basically now i am just looking for someone on Verizon who has a curve that would just be willing to make some kind of trade.
    02-25-09 11:01 AM
    To be honest. If you have the cash go out and buy the curve from Verizon out right and then sell the storm. You will get some freak to at least buy it from you for $300 anything more than that you will have a hard sell. I had the storm and hated it as well went back to my curve. Much better phone. Good luck check out Craigslist.org in your area great place to sell phones and no cost to do so at least in my area in Wisconsin. This way you get cash in hand from a local buyer. No shipping no scams.
    02-25-09 11:26 AM
    yeah definitely try craigslist, i know when i broke my old phone i would've gladly taken something cheaper than buying a new one in store... besides, lots of people would be down to pick one up...

you can pick a curve up on ebay, lots of people sell em for under $300, brand new in box. good luck!
    02-25-09 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD