Hi
    I'm a newbie here.
    So basically im not a bb user but im planning to change my phone..
    Which one is better Storm or Bold or i just wait until something new come out ??
    for info, i live in Jkarta Indonesia...

Thank you for your suggestion...
    12-27-08 01:49 AM
    Get a Bold, you won't regret it.
    12-27-08 01:54 AM
    Neither, the storm has a lag issue when you turn it to the side and start typing (which I hear is also a pain to do). The Bold's screen is too delicate (no cushioned space like the rest of the BB's in between the plastic layer and the actual screen itself.. it could end up being a "cracked" berry). Personally, go with a Curve and you will be very happy.
    12-27-08 05:40 AM
    Bold...
    Nuff said.

Curve is the most popular but if you want the fastest(currently) BB get the bold.
    12-27-08 07:37 AM
    Regardless of what's been posted, both are great devices. My Storm has no lag and is great. The Bold is fast and is a good device too. Its up to you, the 8900 is just as good as the others. Or you could wait and see the great devices of 2009.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 07:48 AM
    I know nothing about the Bold. I had a Storm, but returned it. The lag was irritating and it was difficult to orientate. If you read these forums, you'll find a lot of people have big problems with the Storm, but you'll also find a few that love them and have had great experiences. Go figure. I upgraded from a World phone to the Curve because I wanted a camera. The curve is working as good as the World phone did.
    12-27-08 09:36 AM
    All

The Storm has had a OS upgrade and the lag is not a issue. The Crackberry Blog has video showing the improvement. The Bold is notorious for dropped or failed calls. I suggest you get a Curve with OS 4.5 until BB gets their act together.

dmg
    12-27-08 10:57 AM
    I wouldn't recommend the Storm right now because of all the Issues that limit your user experience. Maybe you could also think about a new BlackBerry Javelin 8900 - since it is a little bit smaller than the Bold it might be a little bit easier to carry around.

Since you are in Jakarta you have to check whether your carrier supports the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) to send and receive eMails.
    12-27-08 12:17 PM
    Get a CURVE, you won't be disappointed!
    12-27-08 12:46 PM
    Many have gone with the curve and then saw the bold and the beautiful screen ad wished they got that instead. I've had both the storm and bold. I ended up going with the bold.

12-27-08 02:02 PM
    i like them both. Bold is geat for work, Storm is great to play with.
    12-27-08 02:34 PM
    It depends on what you value more - a touchscreen or a physical keyboard. If it's a touchscreen then the Storm is the device to go with otherwise get the Bold Both are great devices.
    12-27-08 03:23 PM
    I say get a bold.. The Bold did have a call failed issue but I have not experienced that with beta 216. The Bold in my opinion is the best blackberry to date...

Charlie

12-27-08 03:37 PM
    my $0.02 is... a Bold

or to confuse matters... wait for the Touchscreen Bold rumoured for a possible announcement at WES2009 9900 (Pluto)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/loo...m-09-a-121824/
    12-27-08 07:08 PM
    my $0.02 is... a Bold

or to confuse matters... wait for the Touchscreen Bold rumoured for a possible announcement at WES2009 9900 (Pluto)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/loo...m-09-a-121824/
    Thats what I'm doing...I picked up an 8310 and am gonna wait until I can get an upgrade in Dec. '09 and see what RIM has to offer...
    12-27-08 07:13 PM
    My dad has the Storm (and i've played around with it), and I'm honestly not impressed. It's a bit too difficult to get used to (I got used to my Curve in like 2 days)...My dad has had it since it came out, and still can't figure some of the features out (not for a lack of trying, and he's quite computer/phone/blackberry literate). He completed orientated to my Curve within like 2 hours.

However, the choice is yours alone -- just do your homework and figure out what you WANT/NEED and go from there!

Good luck!
    12-28-08 12:37 AM
    with the most recent OS leak, (.85) my storm is finally feeling like I thought it should have when I swapped my curve for it. I also like the bold, and I enjoyed my curve.

The bigger issue is, touchscreen or physical keyboard? Play with both, one will feel "right" to you.
    12-28-08 12:51 AM
    I personally like the storm. But as princessmelissa said its all personal preference. I love the SureType on the storm and I know with more Os upgrades the phone will get Better.
    12-28-08 02:09 AM
    Does the os .85 for storm has come out ?what is the advantages using that os ?How bout the bold latest os, does it still has the issue like the previous os ?

Thank you very much for the suggestion, i really need it a lot..
    12-28-08 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD