Which is better for searching in the internet, e-maling, for a journalist?
    09-22-09 11:38 AM
    If your leaning more towards the storm right now as poster said above wait till storm 2 as it will be better then both (hopefully).. Right now there both comparable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 12:24 PM
    The real answer is Storm 2 or 9700...
    09-22-09 12:55 PM
    I love the storm , but I prefer touch screen phones anyway.

Have had no issues at all with e-mail, internet and texting ( and i'm a heavy texter)
    09-22-09 02:49 PM
    I'm going to say bold. As a heavy email/text/bbm user, the bold will out perform the storm. The keyboard will help get out emails quicker. The storm would be nice to hack around with though. I'm getting one for myself since I have a tour. But yeah, if it's your first blackberry as well, I strongly suggest the bold.

09-22-09 03:09 PM
    The newer OSs on the Storm greatly improve the virtual keyboard. Far more accurate now! It's no real problem anymore to type long things out.

The Bold is a faster phone, with much clearer call quality and better signal. The trackball is very easy no navigate around, and I find I can still type a little faster on a real keyboard. It's really a better phone all around.

The Storm's bigger screen definitely makes browsing the web much nicer. Your basic menu options are available with a simple tap anywhere on the screen. If you're on AT&T (you are comapring the Bold and the Storm) and you unlock a Storm, you get no 3G. One big downfall is, if you like typing things in these forums and you want to go back a few lines and add something...you're better off erasing everything you wrote and starting over again. If you tap the screen where you want it, the keyboard pops up and starts you at the beginning of a line. When you move the cursor (fast or slow) it keeps jumping to the wrong line or starting back on the same line. Then when you try to put it where you want, it will just start zooming in. If you can finally get it where you want, when you type a letter, it will keep flicking the view back to the beginning of the line, leaving the cursor at the end. It becomes difficult to see what you're typing. The only time it ever acts like this is in forums with the small typing boxes on the screen, not text, or email, etc... It may be something remedied by a battery pull, as it's done it a few times, but I can't always get it to do it. The trackball is far superior for positioning the cursor in general though.

I have both, and still use both. They are both great phones with their ups and downs. Good luck with whatever you get!
    Last edited by bish0p34; 09-22-09 at 03:42 PM.
    09-22-09 03:27 PM
    I agree with the last poster. I have both as well and use them for different purposes. Storm for multimedia when I have time to spare, Bold for work and when things need to be done quickly. Typing on the Storm since .148 has been pretty much lag free.

09-22-09 03:54 PM
    Storm better for browsing with a much bigger screen. Emailing is pretty much the same, bbs overall are the best at that. But keep in mind they are different carriers.

Typing isnt bad on the Storm you just have to get used to it. I rarely make mistakes typing, and it's not just because I'm an all-around awesome person.

I would wait for the Storm 2 or just get a Tour. I had an 87XX back in the day. It was a solid but the devices of today blow it out of the water.

Good luck.
    09-22-09 03:56 PM
    Bishop34 you must have an old OS. The new OS doesnt have this problem. .151/.167/.191 has eliminated this completely. If you're going to give info let it be up-to-date please. No hard feelings.
    09-22-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD