Hey- My Storms batter is being killed by the fact that the phone is almost always lit up. I've gone into Options, Screen/Keyboard and set my Backlight Timeout to 10 sec. However, randomly throughout the day, the phone just lights up an stays on when I'm not using it. It's just sitting there and lighting up, going off, lighting up, staying lit, going off...Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do here to only make it light up when I touch it? Thanks.
    03-06-09 08:44 AM
    why don't you just put the backlight timeout for higher than 10 secs!

or do a battery pull. lollll
    03-06-09 08:58 AM
    Hey- My Storms batter is being killed by the fact that the phone is almost always lit up. I've gone into Options, Screen/Keyboard and set my Backlight Timeout to 10 sec. However, randomly throughout the day, the phone just lights up an stays on when I'm not using it. It's just sitting there and lighting up, going off, lighting up, staying lit, going off...Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do here to only make it light up when I touch it? Thanks.
    Sounds like it might be defective, you should consider replacing it. Also in your settings you can dial down the intensity of the light I have mine set at 40% to improve battery life. There are several good threads in the Storm How Too Sub Forum on how to improve battery life and other tips for using a Storm.

EDIT:

why don't you just put the backlight timeout for higher than 10 secs!

or do a battery pull. lollll
    LOL you stole that from another thread!
    03-06-09 09:04 AM
    Rich- Someone else told me that I may have apps running in the background and that's why the light could keep coming on...Would you know how I could check if I do have apps running? Thanks.
    03-06-09 09:14 AM
    Sounds like it might be defective, you should consider replacing it. Also in your settings you can dial down the intensity of the light I have mine set at 40% to improve battery life. There are several good threads in the Storm How Too Sub Forum on how to improve battery life and other tips for using a Storm.

EDIT:

LOL you stole that from another thread!
    heck yea i did! and im going to say it in ever single one of these posts. well i might help people out and then say do a batt pull just depends on how i'm feeling! :P
    03-06-09 09:16 AM
    Rich- Someone else told me that I may have apps running in the background and that's why the light could keep coming on...Would you know how I could check if I do have apps running? Thanks.
    Yea hold down the BB key for a few seconds and the task switcher will come up and it'll show what apps are running, some will ALWAYS be there like Phone, Browser, Homescreen & Messages. It could be an App like Viigo or another newsreader, or another app that fetches data at fault. Usually you can set them to check less, and/or close them down when you are not actively using them.
    03-06-09 09:19 AM
    Thanks I shut everything down, the BBM, Home, Phone, Messages stay regardless but this may have fixed the problem.

ROCK ON
    03-06-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD