How can I set wifi to auto can't get it to pick up any hot spots . What should I so to set this up ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 08:32 AM
    you mean to automatically scan and connect to wifi hotspots? I don't think you can do that natively...you will need a 3rd party app (the only one I know of wifi hero)....one way is to leave your wifi on but you will need to enter in the details for the hotspot once before it will connect the next time....hope that helps.
    12-16-09 08:42 AM
    you mean to automatically scan and connect to wifi hotspots? I don't think you can do that natively...you will need a 3rd party app (the only one I know of wifi hero)....one way is to leave your wifi on but you will need to enter in the details for the hotspot once before it will connect the next time....hope that helps.
    Isin't that the whole point of a hotstop, you dont need to enter anything, it should just connect without asking for the router password...
    12-16-09 09:03 AM
    QUOTE=kazmi;4313730]you mean to automatically scan and connect to wifi hotspots? I don't think you can do that natively...you will need a 3rd party app (the only one I know of wifi ohero)....one way is to leave your wifi on but you will need to enter in the details for the hotspot once before it will connect the next time....hope that helps.[/QUOTE]
    Ok thanks can I find wifi hero on crackberry.com or what and does It work well ?

12-16-09 09:06 AM
    If you connect to a router once and save it and allow it to automatically connect, as long as you leave your WiFi on all the time, the next time you are within range of one of them it will automatically connect. At least mine does.
    12-16-09 09:22 AM
    ^ that's exactly how it's supposed to work...and mine does the same - the catch being that you have to keep your wifi on (don't know but sounds like the impact of doing that on an already meager battery life is going to be disastrous!)....

I have personally not used Wifi Hero so can't say HOW well it works but I have read the reviews and it seems to work well - the main feature I like is how it can automatically switch on or off your wifi thus saving the juice....here's the link to it (couldn't find it on CB) - I would HIGHLY recommend you do the trial first to see if this is what you want and need:

WiFiHero - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps
    12-16-09 09:31 AM
    so whenever you need to put a code in what and where do you get the code to put in ?
    12-16-09 04:12 PM
    so whenever you need to put a code in what and where do you get the code to put in ?
    manual son.

also, thats not how wifi works. you wont automatically connect to what ever hotspot is around you with out manually connecting to it first. thats just not safe....
    12-16-09 04:27 PM
    the "code" is the password for the wireless network you are trying to connect to...most free hotspots don't have one but those that do, you will need to ask the person working there what it is....then go into Manage Connections and Wifi Setup and then manually configure the network to connect....
    12-17-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD