I am having issues getting tethering to work with bluetooth on the storm 2.

I am running desktop manager v.5.0.1. I installed the vzaccess manager that came with the storm2 (v.7.0.11) but i can not get the vzaccess manager to detect the phone via bluetooth. If i connect the storm 2 via usb cable it detects it and i am able to connect to the verizon network.

my laptop is connected to the phone and they are paired. it seems that the verizon software wont let the storm 2 detect.

anyone else have this issue?

thanks.
    Last edited by gerardm; 11-03-09 at 09:25 AM.
    11-03-09 09:03 AM
    You can't use VZAccess manager VIA Bluetooth
    11-03-09 01:31 PM
    i used to use it when my curve and it worked fine for a year. how do you do it with bluetooth while not using vzaccess manager?

thanks,
    11-03-09 01:40 PM
    You are talking about tethering to use the web, right?
    11-03-09 01:44 PM
    yes. the way i had it setup with my curve was that i just opened vzaccess manager and hit connect. it connected the bluetooth and i was on the internet without needing the usb cable. now with the storm 2 and the new software i cant get it to work with bluetooth. only works with usb.
    11-03-09 02:08 PM
    You can't use VZAccess manager VIA Bluetooth
    You say it can't be used with VZAccess Manger VIA Bluetooth, but I beg to differ. I'm using it as a bluetooth modem with VZAccess Manager right now! I'm using 7.0.8.3 VZAM software with my Storm2 9550 to reply to this message.
    11-03-09 02:12 PM
    I've never heard of it
    11-03-09 02:14 PM
    once pairing is set up with the PC and BB, use the VZAM software and detect new modem, and select bluetooth. follow the rest of the prompts, it works!
    11-03-09 02:15 PM
    Perhaps since I only use tetherberry when I tether, that could be why. But, I use VZAccess manager all day at work and never have found a BT option in it
    11-03-09 02:16 PM
    Then how do you explain my using it RIGHT NOW via Bluetooth? No USB is connected. I assure you, it is possible.

Well, here's a thought...HOW ABOUT YOU EXPLAIN IT TO THE GUY!

I'm currently googling it right now to read up on it
    11-03-09 02:16 PM
    the cd that came with my storm 2 has version 7.0.11.4. i tried downgrading to 6.9but that doesnt work either. the vzaccess manager just keeps trying to detect the phone but it never does.

it just scans through all the modems then says no device found.
    11-03-09 02:17 PM
    Well, here's a thought...HOW ABOUT YOU EXPLAIN IT TO THE GUY!

I'm currently googling it right now to read up on it
    I had edited my previous reply to do just that.
    11-03-09 02:18 PM
    viralstrain: i followed the directions you listed but my vzam never detects the modem. i try auto detect, smartphone, and bluetooth. maybe its the version i have. you are running a version thats different from what came with my storm 2.
    11-03-09 02:22 PM
    The version I am using is the enterprise version of the software from vzam.net/enterprise

We were given access to that through our Business rep.
    11-03-09 02:24 PM
    did anyone get this working with vzam 7.0.11. i called verizon and they say they dont support bluetooth for this.
    11-03-09 02:44 PM
    I wouldn't be suprised that Verizon won't support BT tethering, but since when did support stop us crackberry addicts from trying it anyways??
    11-03-09 02:55 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I'm using the USB to tether to my Tour (I just upgraded to this version, 7.0.11.4, of vzam). I didn't have problems before that.
    12-02-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD