I have a 4gig card installed. When I drag music from my pc to the music folder on my Curve, or record videos or take pics with my Curve, do they automatically store on the card or are they being stored on the device? Do I have to 'tell' them where to go when I record them, or is it automatic once I install the sd card?
    08-11-08 10:26 PM
    it should be automatic.

just to make sure, go to options and then media settings or somethin like that.

should even tell you how much space u have left on ur card.
    08-11-08 10:28 PM
    I have a 4gig card installed. When I drag music from my pc to the music folder on my Curve, or record videos or take pics with my Curve, do they automatically store on the card or are they being stored on the device? Do I have to 'tell' them where to go when I record them, or is it automatic once I install the sd card?

You have to make sure you are dropping it in the memory card. You have the option.
    08-11-08 10:28 PM
    You have to make sure you are dropping it in the memory card. You have the option.
    Um, where is this option? Is it Option>media card>media card support=on?

or is there some other setting to make sure that ALL files are saved to the media card?

I suppose I could put the card in the adapter and put that in my pc to see the files to make sure.
    08-11-08 10:33 PM
    1st: options > media card > Media Card Support = ON
    Mass Storage Mode = ON
    Auto Enable... = Yes

2nd: open Camera > press menu > options > go to Store Pictures
    and select On Media Card > save and exit. Now all your pics go to the card.
    08-11-08 11:00 PM
    Um, where is this option? Is it Option>media card>media card support=on?

or is there some other setting to make sure that ALL files are saved to the media card?

I suppose I could put the card in the adapter and put that in my pc to see the files to make sure.
    Media Manager:

Notice, in the lower left hand corner there's an option for devices. There's an option to drop in device memory or device media card.
    08-11-08 11:05 PM
    Notice, in the lower left hand corner there's an option for devices. There's an option to drop in device memory or device media card.
    What about if I am not using media manager, but just drag it from the pc to the folder on the bb device?
    08-11-08 11:13 PM
    1st: options > media card > Media Card Support = ON
    Mass Storage Mode = ON
    Auto Enable... = Yes

2nd: open Camera > press menu > options > go to Store Pictures
    and select On Media Card > save and exit. Now all your pics go to the card.
    will doing these 2 things also record bb videos to the sd card?
    08-11-08 11:13 PM
    I think they answered that question then.
    08-11-08 11:18 PM
    I think they answered that question then.
    I am sorry, I only saw "camera" referenced in the previous posts; I guess I missed where it said it takes care of the video too.
    08-11-08 11:22 PM
    I am sorry, I only saw "camera" referenced in the previous posts; I guess I missed where it said it takes care of the video too.

Your BB won't even let you record video without a media cad! By default, the video recordings are saved on your media card.
    08-11-08 11:25 PM
    perfect, thanks all
    08-11-08 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD