@ CGH: No, they are independent but get their stock from CW

@bradu (I must sort that PIN out!) We've sent it back once already

@chaz95: Love the signature!

The problem here guys is that my colleague is a star but gets REALLY frustrated by technology. If we all had Sammys it would be easier but we're BB10 so he can't get any help from any of us and one of the reasons we stayed with BB when BB10 was announced was the simplicity of the keyboard and the Hub.

He's used to having everything in the same place so having it a bit fragmented (compared to BB7) is going to be a bit of a surprise and I can see things going missing.

One of the other things he really wanted was the auto backup of docs and photos/video through Link as when his last phone got swiped those went with it.

Now, I'm sure Android can do all this and more, if you know the right apps to download. The point is that he isn't interested in the slightest in finding out so with BB10 he was getting it straight out of the box and had everyone else to lean on.

Looks like he'll be back at the shop every other day...
    Last edited by bigglybobblyboo; 10-19-13 at 05:36 AM.
    10-19-13 05:25 AM
    My colleague is told by the local independent phone shop that Carphone Warehouse, in the whole of the UK, have sold 'only 4 Z30's in 2 weeks', and that 'They say that there is a strong feeling that BlackBerry will be going soon or at least rebranded.
    I personally know of at least 2 people in the UK who have purchased Z30's & if you look around CB you will see way more then that. Also, if that were the case (& I know it's not), then wouldn't that mean that they have a lot of stock available & shouldn't have any problems getting one for him
    10-19-13 05:27 AM
    I personally know of at least 2 people in the UK who have purchased Z30's & if you look around CB you will see way more then that. Also, if that were the case (& I know it's not), then wouldn't that mean that they have a lot of stock available & shouldn't have any problems getting one for him
    Exactly. That's the biggest thing that's making me angry about the whole situation.

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    10-19-13 06:08 AM
    I can see why stores would be reluctant to sell a Z30 because of the uncertainty and issues with the OS, but if people want long battery life and to communicate with others in the office using BBM, doesn't sound like there's a better option, except maybe the Q?
    10-19-13 06:21 AM
    @ CGH: No, they are independent but get their stock from CW

@bradu (I must sort that PIN out!) We've sent it back once already

@chaz95: Love the signature!

The problem here guys is that my colleague is a star but gets REALLY frustrated by technology. If we all had Sammys it would be easier but we're BB10 so he can't get any help from any of us and one of the reasons we stayed with BB when BB10 was announced was the simplicity of the keyboard and the Hub.

He's used to having everything in the same place so having it a bit fragmented (compared to BB7) is going to be a bit of a surprise and I can see things going missing.

One of the other things he really wanted was the auto backup of docs and photos/video through Link as when his last phone got swiped those went with it.

Now, I'm sure Android can do all this and more, if you know the right apps to download. The point is that he isn't interested in the slightest in finding out so with BB10 he was getting it straight out of the box and had everyone else to lean on.

Looks like he'll be back at the shop every other day...
    I feel your frustration.
    Where I work we always buy from Vodafone Business who are excellent and give us fantastic support.
    10-19-13 07:15 AM
    I can see why stores would be reluctant to sell a Z30 because of the uncertainty and issues with the OS, but if people want long battery life and to communicate with others in the office using BBM, doesn't sound like there's a better option, except maybe the Q?
    ??? A sale is a sale when it's off contract

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 07:27 AM
    Okay and as an intelligent, clued-in guy ... why do you send people to stores? Why send them to talk to some pimply-faced college student who has more attitude than ability, more tattoos on his body than salesmanship? buy online dude, buy online exclusively.
    10-19-13 07:34 AM
    Okay and as an intelligent, clued-in guy ... why do you send people to stores? Why send them to talk to some pimply-faced college student who has more attitude than ability, more tattoos on his body than salesmanship? buy online dude, buy online exclusively.
    That's what my company do, same as me. It's the best way cos you don't get some numpty aggressively trying to sell you something you don't want.
    10-19-13 07:45 AM
    I can see why stores would be reluctant to sell a Z30 because of the uncertainty and issues with the OS,
    I can understand their reluctance as well.
    Either they don't have inventory like some here have asserted or they do not want to deal with returns and unsatisfied customers.

Evidence of returns:

"BlackBerry Z10 Returns �Exceed Sales�"

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/BL-DGB-26645

Thorsten "I'm not here" Heins had this to say:

"Sales of the BlackBerry Z10 are meeting expectations and the data we have collected from our retail and carrier partners demonstrates that customers are satisfied with their devices," BlackBerry CEO and President Thorsten Heins said in a statement.

http://mobile.eweek.com/mobile/black...investigation/

The truth always comes out:

"Z10 Flop
    The inventory writedown is mostly for Z10 touch-screen devices, which the company had designated as its flagship model to compete with the iPhone. The company also introduced two devices this year with physical keyboard, the Q10 and Q5."

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...writedown.html

"The massive write-down was blamed almost entirely on poor performance of the Z10, the BlackBerry 10 flagship device launched last January by the beleaguered BlackBerry, and the first smartphone to be powered by its brand-new operating system. The Z10 was clearly not the rousing success its creators hoped it would be, and the write-down plus the $449 outright price now on offer via its site reflect the fact that there are probably tons of these things just sitting around burning precious and expensive warehouse space."

http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/29/aft...to-u-s-buyers/

Investors seem pissed with all the lies,rightly so:

"For almost a full year, BlackBerry management made market statements based on prophecy rather than fact," Tony Merchant, class-action lawyer, said in a statement.Thousands of Canadians who invested in BlackBerry Limited in the past year have lost hundreds of millions of dollars. In reality, the BlackBerry 10 was not well-received by the market, and the company was forced to ... lay off approximately 4,500 employees, "

Much more can be found here:
    "Blackberry Gets Slapped with 2nd Lawsuit, Asks Shareholders to Hold On
    Article"

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/51446...m#.UmJ_wZm9LCQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    bobauckland likes this.
    10-19-13 08:00 AM
    I feel your frustration.
    Where I work we always buy from Vodafone Business who are excellent and give us fantastic support.
    So does my firm,
    But our vodafone business account manager let's (call him mike) actually refused to fulfill the order (a senior managing partner wanted a q10).

He was waiting for "the newest blackberry with a keyboard".
    A week later he was using his 9900 and an iPhone 5.

4 days after procuring an iPhone 5s from Mike, he proceeded to purchase 5 iPhone 5s 64gb for his immediate family.

10-19-13 08:20 AM
    So does my firm,
    But our vodafone business account manager let's (call him mike) actually refused to fulfill the order (a senior managing partner wanted a q10).

He was waiting for "the newest blackberry with a keyboard".
    A week later he was using his 9900 and an iPhone 5.

4 days after procuring an iPhone 5s from Mike, he proceeded to purchase 5 iPhone 5s 64gb for his immediate family.

My boss would never put up with that. Guess I'm lucky that my company and most of my family and friends choose BlackBerry.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-19-13 08:50 AM
    My boss would never put up with that. Guess I'm lucky that my company and most of my family and friends choose BlackBerry.
    Put up with?
    Senior partner is ecstatic with mike's recommendation.

In fact he has ordered all legacy bb devices be replaced by iPhone 5s's forthwith, for our London (Mike is all smiles by the way) and each of our satellite offices around the world.

If blackberry had any sense left they would have released bbm cross platform before the mass exodus realize they don't need bbm.

Good luck with the blackberry's.

10-19-13 09:11 AM
    Put up with?
    Senior partner is ecstatic with mike's recommendation.

In fact he has ordered all legacy bb devices be replaced by iPhone 5s's forthwith, for our London (Mike is all smiles by the way) and each of our satellite offices around the world.

If blackberry had any sense left they would have released bbm cross platform before the mass exodus realize they don't need bbm.

Good luck with the blackberry's.

Oh. Thought you were complaining as the Q10 order was refused. I use my Q10 for more than BBM too.
    10-19-13 09:17 AM
    Oh. Thought you were complaining as the Q10 order was refused. I use my Q10 for more than BBM too.
    I wasn't complaining, just sharing .

10-19-13 10:29 AM
    Sounds like an anti-BlackBerry salesperson. I find it very hard to believe that they've only sold four Z30s, nation-wide. Riiight...

If all he does is call, email, and text message, then I think the Q10 is a good fit for him. Not a huge slab, it fits nicely in the pocket and has excellent battery life and a very good keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Good job man, I'm so happy!
    10-19-13 11:08 AM
    I wasn't complaining, just sharing .

Ah. Fair point.
    10-19-13 01:16 PM
    Just as an update I was speaking to a member of staff today who has recently gone Z10. He describes it as the best phone he has ever owned. His point was the simplicity of messaging compared to other platforms.

And, he was in the pub with my colleague on Friday night and was trying to stop himself showing him the Z10 as he knew it would upset him (alcohol and all) as he was struggling like hell with the SG4. I reiterate again, not because the SG4 is a bad phone, it just isn't right for HIM!
    10-26-13 05:34 PM
    Just as an update I was speaking to a member of staff today who has recently gone Z10. He describes it as the best phone he has ever owned. His point was the simplicity of messaging compared to other platforms.

And, he was in the pub with my colleague on Friday night and was trying to stop himself showing him the Z10 as he knew it would upset him (alcohol and all) as he was struggling like hell with the SG4. I reiterate again, not because the SG4 is a bad phone, it just isn't right for HIM!
    I hear you loud and clear.
    Next week my boss asked me to go shopping with him for a new phone. He has a deteriorating 9800 that is now off contract.
    I told him that we will have an open mind. He always used the PKB on the Torch, does not care about apps really, and cares most about comms (text/email/phone calls) along with a new desire for a larger screen. Everything else takes a back seat except for the fact that I know he'll need to care about battery and data consumption now.
    So... we'll look at everything. I might even show some love by purchasing a Z30 outright and letting him put a SIM in my Z10 to try out...
    10-26-13 07:05 PM
    Update...

Sat with him last week, his email worked on the phone for 3 days and then stopped. I eventually worked out how to get it going again but only on a 5 minute sync which is no good for him really but he's going to take it have to take it back to the shop as I've no idea...

Showed him something daft on the Z10 he said, 'that's great! Can you send it to me?' 'It's an app', I said, 'So I'm sure it's there somewhere '

'Nah, I don't do apps, can't be bothered with em' he said!

Aaaaaaarrrggghh!

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    11-03-13 07:25 AM
44 12