Usually (yeah, every day) at the end of the work day, my wife calls and wants to know if I've left work yet.

I figure my new 8800 has GPS ...so why not let it answer her for me?

Is an application available that will post to some online map which she could check ...whether I'm still at work or on my way home?

Hope someone smart out there can figure out a way...thanks in advance.
    07-03-07 09:29 AM
    Not that I know of. But, if there was one, I would hope it had some really tight security to not allow, just anyone to check it...

Too dangerous...
    07-03-07 09:31 AM
    Do you really not like talking to her?
    07-03-07 10:50 AM
    I would never want anyone to check on my comings and goings. That's pretty awesome that you would want your device to tell her where you are at. I'm a pretty private person and I don't like accounting as to when I leave or where I am. I think you are a keeper and your wife is very lucky that you would even consider having your device reveal where you are.
    07-03-07 11:36 AM
    Giavanna - thanks! I figure I've got absolutely nothing to hide.

I'm guessing there must be a way to have the 8800 "call home", either periodically or by a simple interaction/update on my part.

Thanks all for your replies,
    07-03-07 02:23 PM
    Hi There,

There is an application i know of which sounds exactly what your looking for.
    Its called Mologogo, visit Mologogo: The GPS phone tracking social network & friend finding for Nextel, Boost, Blackberry and Windows Mobile Phones with GPS
    "Mologogo: The GPS phone tracking social network & friend finding for Nextel, Boost, Blackberry and Windows Mobile Phones with GPS"

Its a free app, and seems to work OK. Your wife would simply visit mologogo.com to see a realtime map of where you are!
    Last edited by Trevor; 08-15-07 at 03:01 PM. Reason: activated url
    07-15-07 02:44 PM
    oooh thanks Gringo. Maybe I could check that website and get my boyfriend to agree and I would know where he is at all times. lol

I of course would never want to be tracked down. I would feel like one of those movies where they put a tracking device the size of a penny under a desk or in the car and they know where your every move is. I have never given cause to have that on me but my better half well........that's another story for a different forum. lol

Thanks again for the info. I shall check that website out.

Gia
    07-15-07 03:34 PM
    Why is it always one rule for one and not for another.....
    07-15-07 03:42 PM
    Oh Tmag2005 I was just kidding when I said I wanted to track down my boyfriend. Though, it is something to think about in the future. lol

To be perfectly honest, as much as I say I wouldn't want to be tracked down, if push came to shove and I was given an ultimatium, I would crumble like a house of cards and say sure knock yourself out and track me. lol

Gia
    07-15-07 03:49 PM
    I guess when you know be better you will realise when i am kidding and not...

Although it looks like your boyfriend has some serious competition
    07-15-07 03:57 PM
    Oh sorry tmag2005..........I guess I take everything seriously because it's the line of work I do. When you work with lawyers and judges all day long it kind of rubs off on you. I am always smiling and laughing, well trying to, and I get that look sometimes from my colleagues and boss. You know the look. It's like when Tony Soprano looks at you when you're smiling and just the look tells you to wipe that grin or smile off your face. lol

Gia
    07-15-07 04:04 PM
    No sorry i dont
    07-15-07 04:05 PM
    Verizon has phones that parents can give their kids that keep track of where they are (presuming, of course, that the phone is with the child). I don't think they're BBs, tho...
    Last edited by DubyaEl; 08-13-07 at 10:49 AM.
    08-13-07 10:35 AM
    I didn't know that Dubya! Verizon has a GPS in a cell phone that tracks where the children are at all times?? That's good to know. I know a few parents that would love that! Thanks for the info.

Gia
    08-13-07 07:55 PM
    My husband and I used to joke that we pay big bucks to have a GPS chip put in our kid, (like doggie ID chips) just in case!

His new phone doesn't have that option, but it is a smart thing.

Yes, I am paranoid, yes, he is an only child, yes, we are older parents!
    08-13-07 08:22 PM
    Check this out free tracker

BBTracker
    Last edited by Trevor; 08-15-07 at 03:05 PM. Reason: activated url
    08-15-07 02:24 PM
    I really hope that Praha isnt the wife pretendiing to be the husband. I hope we didnt just give her a way to track him without his knowledge.
    11-12-07 09:42 PM
    just playing devils advocate hope I dont offend anyone.
    11-12-07 09:43 PM
    You resurrected a three month old thread to ask that. If you read the info on the application, the person with the BB would have to allow the tracking application to be loaded and it can easily be turned off by the user.
    11-12-07 09:52 PM
    there was a bata one i tryed and iv seen some other ones but i tryed it and quickly removed it when my wife was like so i can track where you are at all times huh
    11-14-07 03:18 PM
    I highly recommend Blackberry GPS Tracker

I've been using it for awhile now as well as my wife and kids. They use it daily to see if I've left work yet and to follow me as I drive home. I've never actually seen it in action as far as the live tracking goes but I know that it nails me each time I look at it and see that it has my location exact on.
    11-14-07 03:32 PM
    bbtracker doesn't work with OS 4.3 though... or from what I've tested.
    12-22-07 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD