Hello all.

I have set up my gmail account on my 9900 because I want it to sync with my calendar and contacts however I DO NOT want the emails coming into my BB.

How do I block the messages from being received in my BB but still have the sync of the calendar and contacts?

I have tried setting a filter of the gmail address, but that does not seem to be working.

Ideas? OR options? I actually could careless about gmail as a rule but the calendar and contacts sync is seemingly important because I also need to have my (android) tablet synched. Therfore I have just been using gmail. But if there is a GOOD alternative please let me know.

Thanks
    01-16-13 08:19 AM
    I do not have a BB phone but on my PlayBook you can set contacts and calendar sync as separate entities by adding these as CardDav and CalDav accounts, these services are dedicated contacts and calendar services and have no relation to emails. Do you have an option for this when setting up accounts on your phone?
    01-16-13 03:35 PM
    google sync. not sure if available though

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-16-13 10:10 PM
    Hmm

I appreciate the responses however......

I use google sync on my laptop which syncs my google calendar & contacts with my outlook on my laptop.

BUT that does not address my need to have ONLY my BB's calendar in sync WITHOUT delivering the gmail to my phone as well.

Is google sync something that can be put on my BB which would then sync my BB?

Sorry if I seem dense on this topic but this topic is not one of my strong suits.

Ultimately My goal is to be able to have a tool that brings my emails together and a tool that syncs my one calendar with 3 devices. Laptop, Tablet and BB.

Again thanks!
    01-17-13 07:27 AM
    I believe you would have to go to your setting from your email. Not device. SO for gmail, you could disable the Pop Downloads/Forwarding. It's been a while since I did this. Once had it on my Tour 9630. Just a thought
    01-17-13 08:36 AM
    I've got the same setup working. In the setup for email accounts, under filters, I have just selected Do not forward messages to this device. My calendar and contacts sync fine via BIS without the need for Google Sync, and I get no emails on that account. Hope that makes sense
    FernleyE likes this.
    01-17-13 08:46 AM
    I've got the same setup working. In the setup for email accounts, under filters, I have just selected Do not forward messages to this device. My calendar and contacts sync fine via BIS without the need for Google Sync, and I get no emails on that account. Hope that makes sense
    Ok so I did this on my BB selected the filter "new email" and the selected "do not forward to device."

So I anticipate having done the above no emails from that gmail account will arrive at my inbox. But my calendar and contacts will continue to sync.

Thank you.
    01-17-13 02:33 PM