Hello,

I was wondering, is there anyway to stop my BB from receiving emails? My phone has to stay on 24/7 but at night, I do not want to receive emails until the morning. I tried going to Email>Options>Email Reconciliation>Wireless Reconcile> and then I turned it to OFF, but I still get emails.

Anything I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Pastor Joseph Durham
    08-24-09 09:03 AM
    Hmmm Idk you could always just set the email in profile to silent.
    08-24-09 09:12 AM
    I agree, just set it to Silent, or if you need to hear your phone and nothing else, try the Phone Only profile. If none of those work, you can make your own profile. All these options are available in Profiles > scroll and select desried profile. Or to adjust or create a profile, Profiles > Scroll to bottom and choose Advanced > Choose profile you want to tweak, or create a new one that does what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 09:21 AM
    But, isn't that what the Email Reconciliation option is for?

Pastor
    08-24-09 09:23 AM
    I think this may be the setting you are looking for:

Options / Data Services: On/Off.

08-24-09 09:29 AM
    The e-mail reconciliation, the way I've alwasy understood it, is basically for if you were to delete an e-mail off of your computer mailbox, it will auto reconcile and delete the e-mail from you device. It won't stop e-mails from coming in.
    08-24-09 09:30 AM
    I think this may be the setting you are looking for:

Options / Data Services: On/Off.

Isn't it Options>Mobile Network> Data Services: OFF
    08-24-09 09:33 AM
    Then, if I turn it back on in the morning, will it pick up all fo the emails that had not been sent to the phone during the night?

Pastor
    08-24-09 09:51 AM
    Isn't it Options>Mobile Network> Data Services: OFF
    It sure is, thanks for the catch.

Then, if I turn it back on in the morning, will it pick up all fo the emails that had not been sent to the phone during the night?
    Yes. You will continue to have telephone access but no data will be accpeted until you switch it back.

About synchronization

The wireless data synchronization feature is designed to synchronize organizer data (contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and memos) between your BlackBerry� device and the email application on your computer over the wireless network.

The wireless email reconciliation feature is designed to reconcile email messages between your device and the email application on your computer over the wireless network. When you file or delete email messages on your device, these email messages should be filed or deleted in your email application. Likewise, any changes that you make to email messages in the email application on your computer should be reflected on your device.

If wireless data synchronization or wireless email reconciliation is not available on your device or you have turned them off, you can use the synchronization tool of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. See the BlackBerry Desktop Software Online Help for more information.
    08-24-09 09:56 AM
    Thank you very much.

Now, one more question. Someone stated earlier that I could just set the phone profile to "PHONE ONLY" will this allow me to still here my alarm?

Pastor
    08-24-09 10:40 AM
    I believe you should still be able to hear your alarm clock yes.
    08-24-09 10:42 AM
    I have my phone only set and I still hear the alarm. I don't think any profile is capable of muting the alarm.
    08-24-09 10:46 AM
    You guys are great. Thank you very much.

God bless,

Pastor Durham
    2 Corinthians4:5
    08-24-09 10:53 AM
    You should test it real quick just in case. I also modified the phone only profile to include calendar alerts too since I managed to forget about one of those on time.
    08-24-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD