Im trying to stop my daily job alerts and whatnot from coming into my blackberry. I dont want to report them as spam in my desktop gmail account, but at the same time, i dont want them in the inbox for either my BB or my gmail

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    08-26-08 08:03 PM
    Im trying to stop my daily job alerts and whatnot from coming into my blackberry. I dont want to report them as spam in my desktop gmail account, but at the same time, i dont want them in the inbox for either my BB or my gmail

You can set up a filter so that it won't get forwarded to your BB. Go here to do that:
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    08-26-08 08:45 PM
    thank you.
    08-26-08 08:51 PM
    Would that be the same for yahoo?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 09:43 PM
    Would that be the same for yahoo?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, you can set up filters for any email account.
    08-26-08 09:47 PM
    Exactly as crashoverride said... gotta use a filter on your BIS accounts
    08-26-08 10:28 PM

In addition to the BIS filters that everyone else mentioned, to keep messages out of your Inbox in Gmail (as you mentioned above) you'll need to setup filters in Gmail - BIS filters won't have any effect on what appears in your Gmail Inbox. If your BIS connection to Gmail uses IMAP, then that's all you need to do (messages archived by a filter in Gmail won't be propagated to your Blackberry if you're using IMAP). However, if your BIS connection to Gmail uses POP3, you'll need to duplicate the filters in BIS.
    08-27-08 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD