I am a blackberry fan. I have had 4 so far and looking forward to having more. But I am VERY FRUSTRATED right now.

I feel as if because of all the bad publicity more apps are starting to disapper. I just found out that hopstop is no longer supporting the blackberry app and that puts a serious impairment on my travel throughout nyc. I can only imagine how many apps that I don't know of or don't use have done the same. Nowadays with out apps a platform is defucnt.

Blackeberry being dropped off the map makes me very sad. I am not an Iphone hater. In fact I think its cute. But I do not want one and flat out refuse to support Apple's monopoly type atmosphere which to me is reminiscent of the old ATT era when you had their phone lines or no phone lines.

What will it take for America to wake up to this?
    Aren't we the country that is supposed to embrace and support differences?
    Soon Apple will have enough power to simply bleed you dry or perhaps more like straight out mug you as in a face to face car jacking.

People please wake up!
    Respect mine... I respect yours.
    09-16-12 04:44 PM
    There are many more options other than Apple.
    09-16-12 04:47 PM
    There are many more options other than Apple.
    Not for much longer
    09-16-12 05:06 PM
    Not for much longer
    Samsung, Motorola, HTC, Nokia, Huawei, ZTE, Pantech, Sony Ericsson, LG would like to request a copy of this memo. Just to be on the safe side, cc HP and Asus on it as well.
    howarmat, mikeo007, hpjrt and 4 others like this.
    09-16-12 05:15 PM
    As soon as RIM actually produces and sells a state of the art cell phone than maybe folks will buy.

Even in markets where BBs were strong they are starting to see market share decline. Indonesia is one country where Droids are knocking RIM off their number one spot.

So until RIM stops giving us valid reasons to stop bashing them it will continue.

IPhone has hit its peak. You will see it decline in the next 5 years. Droid growth will slow and either BB10 (I hate that name) or Windows phone will fill in the gaps.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    balding1 likes this.
    09-16-12 05:22 PM
    Samsung, Motorola, HTC, Nokia, Huawei, ZTE, Pantech, Sony Ericsson, LG would like to request a copy of this memo. Just to be on the safe side, cc HP and Asus on it as well.
    These are hw manufacturers integrating OEM OS.
    09-16-12 05:27 PM
    These are hw manufacturers integrating OEM OS.
    Which goes to the OP's point of one manufacturer with a monopolistic hold on a proprietary OS.
    09-16-12 05:29 PM
    Which goes to the OP's point of one manufacturer with a monopolistic hold on a proprietary OS.
    I think op point was more like, if you do not have a iPhone, you are alone.

There is nothing wrong IMHO with hw and sw from one manufacturer. Theorically you get a better integrated and more optimized end product.

I was just point out, the listed manufacturer are only hw makers, just like any generic pc maker. I believe the end user will get a generic product feel, with no passion.

Now, apple might be overdoing it someway. But, I think it is a act of desperation, not they are afraid of bb at this stage, but because android will soon push and reduce apple to a niche of market. Historically, this is apples market.

Not enough knowledge to know, and do not have a magic wand, but with html5 might just be what will democratize big name apps.
    hpjrt likes this.
    09-16-12 06:15 PM
    You are absolutely right... This was my point... If Apple declines or not is irrelevant... It just currently spearheads the monopoly-like ideal.. If we do not begin to excercise our choices, respecting differences and allowing for inclusiveness... We will soon be faced with 1 choice which in truth is no choice at all.
    09-16-12 08:07 PM
    You are absolutely right... This was my point... If Apple declines or not is irrelevant... It just currently spearheads the monopoly-like ideal.. If we do not begin to excercise our choices, respecting differences and allowing for inclusiveness... We will soon be faced with 1 choice which in truth is no choice at all.
    People are exercising their choices. It isn't Apple either. It's Android. They are the market leader. By far.

Those who do chose Apple, are doing so because that is what THEY want. Just because the iPhone doesn't work for you doesn't make it the wrong choice for tens of millions of other people.
    TgeekB, Barljo, richardat and 3 others like this.
    09-16-12 08:15 PM
    As soon as RIM actually produces and sells a state of the art cell phone than maybe folks will buy.

Even in markets where BBs were strong they are starting to see market share decline. Indonesia is one country where Droids are knocking RIM off their number one spot.

So until RIM stops giving us valid reasons to stop bashing them it will continue.

IPhone has hit its peak. You will see it decline in the next 5 years. Droid growth will slow and either BB10 (I hate that name) or Windows phone will fill in the gaps.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    And I could say if people stop bashing other people will buy... You just don't get it... There are consumers for all different markets... Consumers for the state of the art as well as for, let's say for arguments sake "the old-fashioned"... There are consumers for all... However the bashing is what makes it more difficult for those who do not choose the mainstreamline by ridicule ostrasizing(sp?) And something akin to criminalization.
    09-16-12 08:16 PM
    People are exercising their choices. It isn't Apple either. It's Android. They are the market leader. By far.

Those who do chose Apple, are doing so because that is what THEY want. Just because the iPhone doesn't work for you doesn't make it the wrong choice for tens of millions of other people.
    this^^

Apple is just one player in the game. There are many choices out there. Samsung is move up by selling over 20 millions SG3s. WP8 will be another choice in a couple weeks. BB10 should be here in less than 6 months hopefully to make 4 solid choices out there.
    antheauxny likes this.
    09-16-12 08:22 PM
    And I could say if people stop bashing other people will buy... You just don't get it... There are consumers for all different markets... Consumers for the state of the art as well as for, let's say for arguments sake "the old-fashioned"... There are consumers for all... However the bashing is what makes it more difficult for those who do not choose the mainstreamline by ridicule ostrasizing(sp?) And something akin to criminalization.
    I'm not sure how true this is. When I'm out and about in the uni, I do still see quite a chunk of BlackBerrys around. At least in the UK, BB has a bigger marketshare than WP... DESPITE the fact I've seen quite a handful of people with a Windows Phone.
    09-16-12 08:26 PM
    Let me ask you this (and please don't take it as a personal attack, because it isn't) : would you be saying the same thing if the situations were reversed, i.e. if BB held 75% of the market share? Let's go back a eight years. Would you be saying the same thing?
    09-16-12 08:28 PM

This x100...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-16-12 08:30 PM
    The so called BB bashing is not the cause of their sales decline.
    09-16-12 08:57 PM
    Let me ask you this (and please don't take it as a personal attack, because it isn't) : would you be saying the same thing if the situations were reversed, i.e. if BB held 75% of the market share? Let's go back a eight years. Would you be saying the same thing?
    absolutely... i am strong believer in choices... i do not like or dislike others because it is not my preference... however when people set forth the idea that you are less than, inferior or un..watever because you do not share their preference... it is an issue
    shemaree09 likes this.
    09-16-12 10:40 PM
    If people didn't bash Blackberry, this thread would be dead
    09-16-12 10:41 PM
    absolutely... i am strong believer in choices... i do not like or dislike others because it is not my preference... however when people set forth the idea that you are less than, inferior or un..watever because you do not share their preference... it is an issue
    I can respect that.
    09-16-12 10:50 PM
    I am a blackberry fan. I have had 4 so far and looking forward to having more. But I am VERY FRUSTRATED right now.

I feel as if because of all the bad publicity more apps are starting to disapper. I just found out that hopstop is no longer supporting the blackberry app and that puts a serious impairment on my travel throughout nyc. I can only imagine how many apps that I don't know of or don't use have done the same. Nowadays with out apps a platform is defucnt.

Blackeberry being dropped off the map makes me very sad. I am not an Iphone hater. In fact I think its cute. But I do not want one and flat out refuse to support Apple's monopoly type atmosphere which to me is reminiscent of the old ATT era when you had their phone lines or no phone lines.

Soon Apple will have enough power to simply bleed you dry or perhaps more like straight out mug you as in a face to face car jacking.

People please wake up!
    AND YOU SAY THAT YOU ARE NOT AN APPLE HATER? LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE!!!
    richardat likes this.
    09-17-12 09:02 AM
    I agree. I don't get why so many companies are dropping Blackberry support. With OS 7 and the touchscreen phones available there really is no reason apps cant be supported.

But its not just Blackberry. You hardly ever see Windows phones supported either. Sometime it seems like they are in worse shape than we are...app wise.
    Davion B likes this.
    09-17-12 09:13 AM
    you realy think you can make choises out of free will? maybe choises are made for you by the people/buissenes with influence and money?

you realy need to get out of the US more....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    kozmo68 likes this.
    09-17-12 09:32 AM
    I think a lot of us (including myself) take the topic of mobile choices far too seriously. Some of us (including myself) need to learn to debate without the use of personal attacks and insults.
    I mean ultimately, it's only a phone...right?
    Davion B, kbz1960 and richardat like this.
    09-17-12 09:38 AM

People please wake up!
    Frankly, this is unintelligent. Android has the largest market share bloc in the US and the world and you go off on a rant, babbling about Apple monopoly and control?

The smart thing to do is wait for BB10 to come out before complaining. BB10 is the future...Like it or not, BBOS is treading water at the moment. I fully expect this to change with BB10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    richardat likes this.
    09-17-12 09:54 AM
    you realy think you can make choises out of free will? maybe choises are made for you by the people/buissenes with influence and money?

you realy need to get out of the US more....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    personal attacks are unecessary.
    i have traveled out of the us on several occasions.
    and similarly to the other poster who made a comment regarding out of the us circumstances... i will reply that my post if read correctly speaks to the us market not overseas

wow
    09-17-12 10:58 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD