Hi,

someone has stolen my 9780 from my sister. I don't remember the PIN. I there a way to get it? I thought i used BB Protect but only my actual BB10 Device is listed.

Thank you!
    03-01-14 03:23 PM
    You can't get the PIN back. The only thing you can get is the Blackberry ID, which holds all the BBM Contacts of the phone.
    PETERPANIC123 likes this.
    03-01-14 03:32 PM
    If you still have it, check the box that it came in. It should be printed on the side.
    Or, call your service provider for that device, and after ID authentication, they can most likely provide it to you.
    But there's probably not much you could do about it except to report it stolen to your local authorities, BlackBerry, and your carrier.
    At least no one else will get any pleasure out of your device.
    03-01-14 04:07 PM
    Oh. And for future reference to avoid this, try adding/exchanging all of your PIN numbers via BBM.
    Or even add them as a contact.......................
    That way you will always have access to those PIN numbers for those devices.
    That's what I do. Personal pet peeve.
    03-01-14 04:11 PM
    If you remember your BB ID credentials, you can go to the protect website and track your phone like that, it will also give you the PIN of your device as well IIRC [correct me if I'm wrong]
    03-03-14 10:45 AM
    thank you for your replies.
    I got the PIN now, thanks for the hint with the box MAD.
    On BBM i just can invite the thief, is there another way to see if someone is using the phone?
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-03-14 04:28 PM
    Your better off reporting the device as stolen to carrier, if they push that info to BlackBerry they can pin block the device basically making it useless. When working for them learned some really cool stuff that makes stealing a BlackBerry worthless, once pin blocked it will never get data again.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2102
    MADBRADNYC and PETERPANIC123 like this.
    03-03-14 04:33 PM
    thank you for your replies.
    I got the PIN now, thanks for the hint with the box MAD.
    On BBM i just can invite the thief, is there another way to see if someone is using the phone?
    If there is really no further hope in retrieving the device, I would immediately call your service provider and turn all data off for it, and also report it stolen so it can be blacklisted by BlackBerry. There is no recovery for the thief or anyone else once that is done. Personally, I couldn't stand the fact that someone could impersonate me on Twitter, FaceBook, Email, or just enjoy my device in general. I'm assuming the device did not have a password lock enabled. If it did, the device has probably been wiped by now. Thieves are stupid enough to steal; hence, stupid enough to try 10 times. LoL.

After having it killed, the thief will probably try to sell the non functioning device on EBay or something to take advantage of an unsuspecting customer. Many stories and threads about this.

Good Luck!
    03-03-14 06:30 PM
    I just checked and and I can see the PINS of my contacts if I view them in BBM. Click on their Icon in BBM, then select the QR code icon to see their PIN.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 08:50 PM
    I just checked and and I can see the PINS of my contacts if I view them in BBM. Click on their Icon in BBM, then select the QR code icon to see their PIN.
    Yes. You're correct!
    But those contacts have to be added first for this to happen.
    See post #4.
    03-03-14 09:22 PM