with the letter of intent and 9 dollar a share buy out is it wise to buy it now at 7 bucks for some free cash? Or is there still risk

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    09-26-13 06:20 PM
    FairFax is not committed to buying at $9 a share, can offer a lower price subject to shareholder approval or walk away with no penalty. If they do go ahead, they'll probably offer a 50 cent premium to the current price when that diligence procedure is done. The stock will remain volatile in the near-term, might even drop a buck or two after the quarterly results are announced tomorrow. That $9 is just a token price, Fairfax and BlackBerry management thought the offer will keep the price at that level. But with Fairfax looking for financial backing, that offer is like any joe blow on the street submitting a bid to buy the company. If you are going to buy, I suggest at $5 as that is when the hedge fund vultures move in and buy as much stock from the market.
    09-26-13 06:32 PM
    Stock keeps dropping-bbry.jpg

That's all she wrote
    09-26-13 06:36 PM
    with the letter of intent and 9 dollar a share buy out is it wise to buy it now at 7 bucks for some free cash? Or is there still risk

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    This I know to be certain. You got a 50/50 chance of being right on whatever you decide. Retail investors such as us are fleeing the stock like mad motivated by uncertainty/media/company induced fear. I dunno, but I think Watsa can buy BlackBerry easily at 9 bucks worse case. I'm hoping he's busy buying all these cheap shares and then someone else bids higher than 9 and boom, stock rockets. He's stands to make a ton of cash. Maybe then we might understand what Watsa meant when he said "create shareholder value" ,during his LOi discussion. This may be a dream of mine because for some reason I felt that I should hold on to half my shares, just for this type if scenario. But I'm like you, what will happen?? Truth is, flip a coin. The downside risk never leaves stock no matter the past, present or future performance or recommendation. The above is only based on a personal opinion and should be read as such. Good luck man.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:50 PM