Whenever I had to call Tmobile for customer service about my BB(back when they still sold them), they were absolutely incompetent and had no idea how to help me, so they eventually just started telling me lies and forwarded me to Blackberry's customers service.
    I'm in the midst of getting a Z10 unlocked. It's been back and forth between T-Mobile USA and BlackBerry and both their reps have been very friendly and eager to help. The Z10, though T-Mobile branded, didn't directly come from T-Mobile, but rather a BlackBerry contest, where it originated from a fulfillment center. Finding the original source has been complicated. That original source has some ID that's required for the unlock code to be processed, so I'm told, i.e. seller's ID + IMEI is needed. (From my understanding, the seller's ID is normally the carrier's ID, which would be T-Mobile had I gotten the Z10 from them.) Anyway, in the most recent round, BlackBerry support dialed directly to T-Mobile support and I was on a three way call with them. It was all very nice.

I'm still waiting on the next tier to get back to me, but there's still some friendly cooperation between the two companies.
    03-26-15 09:04 PM
    Well I'm still debating between the Z30 and the Leap, not happy with my options but without a premium all touch I'm stuck. Anyway, whichever I choose won't be a T-Mobile device so next time around I should get the update directly from BlackBerry.
    The Z30 has been periodically on sale at ShopBlackBerry. Over the holidays, it was only $225 USD, which is cheaper than the Leap. Spec-wise, it's better than the Leap.
    03-26-15 09:06 PM
    Does anyone know if they fixed the problems with the first release affecting the older devices like the z10, q10 and z30? If I'm going to use an autoloader I want to make sure I have no problems.
    From what I've read, the problems were mostly with the Q10 (low notifcation volume) and Z30 (screen stops working, but after charge goes to zero). Notification volume has been fixed and the Z30 screen issue is being remedied via replacement program.
    03-26-15 09:10 PM
    WIND mobile in Canada still haven't released the update either.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 09:45 PM
    Last time I checked they're still selling white Z30 on Crackberry.ca.
    03-26-15 10:19 PM
    Notification volume has been fixed
    It has been improved but is still not at the same level as 10.2.1 on my Q10.
    03-26-15 10:20 PM
    I'm in the midst of getting a Z10 unlocked. It's been back and forth between T-Mobile USA and BlackBerry and both their reps have been very friendly and eager to help. The Z10, though T-Mobile branded, didn't directly come from T-Mobile, but rather a BlackBerry contest, where it originated from a fulfillment center. Finding the original source has been complicated. That original source has some ID that's required for the unlock code to be processed, so I'm told, i.e. seller's ID + IMEI is needed. (From my understanding, the seller's ID is normally the carrier's ID, which would be T-Mobile had I gotten the Z10 from them.) Anyway, in the most recent round, BlackBerry support dialed directly to T-Mobile support and I was on a three way call with them. It was all very nice.

I'm still waiting on the next tier to get back to me, but there's still some friendly cooperation between the two companies.
    Now see, all that back and forth I don't have time for. I realized a while back, by buying directly from shopBB/Amazon, cuts out the middle man and gets me customer service directly from the company that makes the phone. After buying directly from Blackberry the past 2x, I haven't had to talk to TMobile for years, other than getting a new Nano sim card for my Classic.

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    03-26-15 10:30 PM
    Now see, all that back and forth I don't have time for. I realized a while back, by buying directly from shopBB/Amazon, cuts out the middle man and gets me customer service directly from the company that makes the phone. After buying directly from Blackberry the past 2x, I haven't had to talk to TMobile for years, other than getting a new Nano sim card for my Classic.
    It's back and forth, yes, but the Z10 was free, back when it was still $450. The confusion is that it's a contest prize, which neither BlackBerry nor T-Mobile USA shipped to me. It came from a contest fulfillment company.
    03-26-15 10:51 PM
    Only way T-Mobile will push out an update is if they ink a deal with BlackBerry for new phones and it states to support old devices as well.

And I'd prefer if they pushed out 10.3.2 instead. I'm on Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2267 and it's still not that stable.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 12:37 AM
    Grow a pair....10.3.1 is all over the forum. Small bugs with any of the multiple leaks, but nothing that won't render it as a daily driver. Hell, my Z10 and Z30 are both on 10.3.1. I think I saw 10.3.2 thread earlier today...Probably load it up on the Passport this weekend. All three phones on Tmobile

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 12:42 AM
    Grow a pair....10.3.1 is all over the forum. Small bugs with any of the multiple leaks, but nothing that won't render it as a daily driver. Hell, my Z10 and Z30 are both on 10.3.1. I think I saw 10.3.2 thread earlier today...Probably load it up on the Passport this weekend. All three phones on Tmobile

Posted via CB10
    Sideloading a leaked OS is the modern version of masculinity. That is pretty funny.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-27-15 12:47 AM
    Sideloading a leaked OS is the modern version of masculinity. That is pretty funny.

The forum is full info to achieve OP's goals successfully. It's not going to happen with Tmobile. That too is also all over this forum.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jpvose; 03-27-15 at 01:17 AM.
    03-27-15 12:57 AM
    03-27-15 01:11 AM

No the modern version of masculinity these days is pretending you can grow a beard, sport an iPhone and talk about how rebellious you are

Posted via CB10
    66cuda likes this.
    03-27-15 01:25 AM
    The Z30 has been periodically on sale at ShopBlackBerry. Over the holidays, it was only $225 USD, which is cheaper than the Leap. Spec-wise, it's better than the Leap.
    Yea, I agree but not by much and the Leap does have a more brilliant screen. But I expect the Z30 which certainly the more physically attractive of the two devices to drop even more in price once shop BlackBerry begins offering the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 07:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    LMAO! Ok thanks JPVOSE! I think your right, I'm going to give it some thought! Just might take your advise.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 07:12 AM
    Quick?-I've had my z10 for 2 yrs now, and know I need to go new soon. I'm on TMOBILE and want to stay Blackberry. Interested in grabbing a new, unlocked classic or z30. Will my TMOBILE sim work on a new unlocked BB?? Thanks for the help. Ozzie.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:37 AM
    Quick?-I've had my z10 for 2 yrs now, and know I need to go new soon. I'm on TMOBILE and want to stay Blackberry. Interested in grabbing a new, unlocked classic or z30. Will my TMOBILE sim work on a new unlocked BB?? Thanks for the help. Ozzie.
    Yes. But make sure you get the STA100-5 model of the Z30, or the SQC100-4 model of the Classic.
    03-28-15 10:19 AM
    Yes. But make sure you get the STA100-5 model of the Z30, or the SQC100-4 model of the Classic.
    That is actually very good information because I've been thinking about picking up a Z30 as an update to my Z10 and have been wondering the same thing, what version do I get. Thanks Raino.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:21 PM
    The STA100-5 model is sold through ShopBlackBerry, which is where I got mine. I've been getting the updates with and without the T-Mobile SIM.
    GEO1ER likes this.
    03-28-15 03:06 PM
    There is Sachesi...but you would lose wifi calling though if you are on official 10.2.1.2228.
    Can you send me any links with step by step instructions on how to load 10.3.1 on my Z10?

Also, if a new version becomes available through T-Mobile OTA will I be able to download it to upgrade, or will I have to downgrade back to 10.2 in order to update the OTA version?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 07:56 PM
    Can you send me any links with step by step instructions on how to load 10.3.1 on my Z10?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

Also, if a new version becomes available through T-Mobile OTA will I be able to download it to upgrade, or will I have to downgrade back to 10.2 in order to update the OTA version?
    If the version through TMO is newer than what you download from Sachesi, then you will be able to find it when you do an OTA software check on your phone.

But if the TMO build number is lower, I'm not sure if you can use Sachesi to search for the TMO OS, or if you'll have to wipe your phone and use an autoloader. Based on this, I would guess it's the latter; hopefully someone can confirm.
    03-28-15 08:47 PM
    That is actually very good information because I've been thinking about picking up a Z30 as an update to my Z10 and have been wondering the same thing, what version do I get. Thanks Raino.

Posted via CB10
    Dude....the Z30 rocks. The STA100-5 works perfect on TM. It's a HUGE upgrade over the Z10. My daily driver is a Passport, but I still find myself picking up my Z30 a few times a week and using it on WiFi and thinking....i want you back (if only I hadn't spent so much on the Passport)... You will not be disappointed with a Z30, as I said before it rocks. It's just about tied with my Passport as the best phone I have ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jpvose; 03-29-15 at 01:44 AM.
    03-29-15 01:20 AM
    Dude....the Z30 rocks. The 5 works perfect on TM. It's a HUGE upgrade over the Z10. My daily driver is a Passport, but I still find myself picking up my Z30 a few times a week and using it on WiFi and thinking....i want you back (if only I hadn't spent so much on the Passport)... You will not be disappointed with a Z30, as I said before it rocks. It's just about tied with my Passport as the best phone I have ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    My ONLY issue with the Z30 is 6 rows of icons. I don't remember what release changed, but the screen just got way too crowded. 5 was perfect...if anyone is listening.

And Yes, I know I just replied to my own post.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:41 AM
    Buying from Crackberry.ca was very helpful for me. They will email you first what carrier you are using before they send the item.
    03-29-15 07:54 AM
81 1234