I am losing my mind trying to figure out how to sync my google calendar with my BB bold 9790. Google calendar is an absolute necessity for me right now as I need to allow other people access to my scheduling. I understand the google sync app has not been supported for almost 6 months now but it finally really stopped working for me into the new year. Google directs blackberry users to use the BIS service with their carrier however I do not ever remember receiving or creating a password for BIS so I haven't been able to explore this route as far as I would like. I am with Rogers and their support has been less than helpful as this seems to be outside their training. The service agents tell me that the calendar is connected but there are no events are in the calendars that I am syncing with, when in reality they are fully populated. When I try to configure the organizer, the configuration will not open or run but seems to work for everything else.

If anyone knows how to still sync with google calendar or if there any alternative online calandar systems that will sync with BB smartphones, advice is more than appreciated.
    01-16-13 09:02 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my 9900. It appears to sync, hangs for about 30 seconds and then I get a message "Sync failed. Please try again later, if the problem persists try signing out of sync and signing in again." with a Dismiss button. FRUSTRATING!!!
    01-16-13 10:19 PM
    The Google Sync app no longer works.

You need to go into Options -Setup - email setup and edit your Gmail account on the phone. There should be an option for synchronisation of both your calendar and email.

NOTE - if you were previously syncing your calendar using the standalone ap doing this without first removing the old calendar entries will result in duplicates. The easiest method is to do a full backup of your phone (SD cards are not backed up via desktop manager) and then wipe the phone. Once wiped do a selective restore using desktop manager and restore everything apart from your calendar.
    01-17-13 12:30 AM
    I'm having the same issue with my 9900. It appears to sync, hangs for about 30 seconds and then I get a message "Sync failed. Please try again later, if the problem persists try signing out of sync and signing in again." with a Dismiss button. FRUSTRATING!!!
    Google discontinued this for Blackberry OS7 and lower (and other platforms), but it's been said it will be supported in BB10. I actually think think Google has handed RIM a blessing in disguise here because it will entice a lot more people to upgrade to BB10.
    01-17-13 03:34 AM
    I am using my 9810, with BB7.1, and USED to use google sync. As it was no longer supported, and I was told that gmail would sync anyways, I eliminated my google sync (saying a few words to the tech gods). I then deleted my gmail account, in stetup, and re - set up my gmail account. It syncs just fine with my gmail account. Changes I make on my phone go to the desktop and vice versa. The only lag I have is with my Motorola phone with android 2.3. I have to do an account sync.(Ironic isn't it) BBOS7 does sync with gmail just fine, as long as the setup is redone.
    01-17-13 03:40 AM
    How did you delete it? Did you delete it from BIS and then add it again? Can one not just go into BIS and check off sync calendar instead of deleting the email and adding it again?
    01-17-13 08:29 AM
    To delete the email address, I went into setup. There you will find the icon for email accounts. Click on that. You will get the email accounts that you have set up. One of them will be your gmail account. Highlight it, and press the red X below. It will ask if that is the account you want to remove. Click yes. Then go back into setup, and go back into email. and click on set up another email address. Put in your particulars, and the email should automatically work. Let me know how that works.
    01-17-13 09:29 AM