Some posts say you must have an A2DP headset to get music from your BB (8130) to your headset. Others say it works just fine without.

So does anyone here use their mono headset for music from BB, and what headset is it? I'm having a very hard time finding a BT headset which will also do MP3's / music. I had the Jabra BT8040, but it was too quiet.

Thanks in advance.
    10-14-08 12:09 PM
    you need an A2DP headset to receive music over a bluetooth headset.

anyone who says otherwise is a moron.
    10-14-08 12:17 PM
    My wife has the BT8040 on her curve and it works great, plenty loud.
    10-14-08 03:20 PM
    You can install the Mobiola xPlayer and listen to music over mono bluetooth. That's what I use for my podcasts. It isn't the perfect solution, however. If you receive something that makes a noise on your blackberry while you are listening to music (an e-mail for instance) it will switch back to the handset. To compensate, all you have to do is pause the music (press the space bar) the unpause it (press the space bar again) and it will reactivate the headset.

Here is a (sorta) link:
    Mobiola xPlayer :: BlackBerry :: Download

P.S. It is free. You only need to buy it if you want to listen to internet radio over the program. You will have to register it though.
    10-14-08 06:21 PM
    I was really disappointed in the amount of choices we have for A2DP bluetooth headsets. Yes you do have to have that opion for you to be able to listen to music unless you just want to use your regular headset and plug it in like you do with regular music players. I settled on the Motorola ROKR even though as a female, i don't like the headset, it seems to get stuck in my hair since it's long and can kinda pull it. However, for most guys, it's a VERY good option though. I put up with it because, as a music headset, it has beautiful sound. As a bluetooth headset, it works really well as well.

I bought one at Best buy for 99 bucks but returned it when I found brand new ones on Ebay for 50 bucks.

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by flchick75; 10-14-08 at 06:30 PM.
    10-14-08 06:27 PM
    My wife has the BT8040 on her curve and it works great, plenty loud.
    I must have had a defective unit, I think I'll buy another one and see how it works. It was way quiet. Too quiet in my average car, and I have good hearing.
    10-14-08 07:10 PM
    You can install the Mobiola xPlayer and listen to music over mono bluetooth. That's what I use for my podcasts. It isn't the perfect solution, however. If you receive something that makes a noise on your blackberry while you are listening to music (an e-mail for instance) it will switch back to the handset. To compensate, all you have to do is pause the music (press the space bar) the unpause it (press the space bar again) and it will reactivate the headset.

P.S. It is free. You only need to buy it if you want to listen to internet radio over the program. You will have to register it though.

thanks for the heads up on this product. It plays the music through the bluetooth but not video files. I wonder why Blackberry did this. Most other mobile phones are capable of listening to media through mono bluetooth headsets.
    11-25-08 08:12 AM
    I would really like to be able to see and hear my media through mono bluetooth if possible. Im wondering why Rim disabled this. All other mobiles are capable of this. One may wonder why, for example, you want to relax on a train and listen to your music and still be aware of what is going on around you. The phone rings and you answer like normal and then resume. No need to look like a martian with stereo on you. Stereo headset for a business man does not really look business like. Anyone have any solutions?
    11-25-08 08:16 AM
    Here it is...PLANTRONICS Voyager855 Stereo Bluetooth Headset. You will not believe me but it's true. The sound is as good as my Shure Ec3 headset for my ipod. It's comfortable, easy to wear and use; my husdand which has hated all my other (4) BT heatsets, just took my PLANTRONICS Voyager855 Stereo Bluetooth Headset to work with him/Storm2 again. I am ordering a second set for me and my STorm1. I am looking for a deal...
    11-25-08 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD