Hi guys, i bought a new blackberry 9320 at begining of december and have phoned my network provider every few days since i bought it to try and get my bbm activated.. every time i have called the have told me it will be done within 24 hours but i am still waiting?? Also on my bbm screen i am now getting a message saying Cannot set up bbm A temporary bbm error has occured.. retry? Can someone please help
    01-04-13 09:28 AM
    No one can help you other than the carrier. You need to keep trying them. Is there a physical store location you can go to?
    01-04-13 09:31 AM
    Hi,yes there is a store, should i take it there?
    01-04-13 09:34 AM
    It is much more difficult to evade the problem when the Customer is physically standing in front of the employee.
    01-04-13 09:51 AM
    What you can try on your own is to go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table > Click the menu button > Register Now. After doing this, wait approximately15-30 mins to get a confirmation email that your device has been registered on the network. I know this worked for my 9900 when I went to Portugal during the summer and used a Vodafone sim card. The guy at the store told me it should be activated on their end within the hour but the next day it still wasn't working. I tried the steps I listed above and within 20 mins it was up and working fine. However, these same steps didn't work for my girlfriend's 9360, so we had to go into a store later that day to get them to fix it on their end.

Silly question, you do have a BB data plan of some kind, correct? In the top right corner of the screen, next to the signal meter, you should have something like EDGE / 3G / H+ followed by 4 little dots that look like the BlackBerry logo.

Hope this helps.
    01-04-13 09:59 AM
    Hi, i did all the things listed and got the conformation that the device has been registered but it still not working? Yes i do have a data plan and in the corner of my screen i have 3G and the blackberry logo. i just dont know what else to do
    01-07-13 04:43 AM
    Sounds like you're connected to BIS ok, you just seem to have a corrupted BBM app.
    Try going on App World and see if there's an update to your BBM there, if so then install that. If not, then try updating your OS and see if that fixes the problem.
    01-07-13 04:55 AM
    Have u tried reinstalling your bbm? U can do it via appworld or go to www.blackberry.com/messenger

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-07-13 04:56 AM
    ok so just uninstalled bbm then reinstalled it and its now saying associating bbm with your blackberry id? but its been doing this for about 15 mins now... does it take this long? thought i was getting somewhere lol
    01-07-13 07:52 AM
    sometimes it does take long. be patient
    01-07-13 08:01 AM
    associating bbm with your blackberry id
    If you still have no luck there is a known issue with BBM7. So far I have yet to come across a solution, most people seem to have uninstalled BBM seven and went back to version 6 until an answer is found. Check out some of these links to see if there's any help
    01-07-13 08:37 AM
    ok so just uninstalled bbm then reinstalled it and its now saying associating bbm with your blackberry id? but its been doing this for about 15 mins now... does it take this long? thought i was getting somewhere lol
    Yes, the first time i initiiated bbm 7, it took almost an hour for it to associating with bbid. Probably because bbid will take all bbm contacts and back it up so it would be easier for us who want to switch device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-07-13 10:00 AM
    You shouldn't be having these issues. Are you sure your Carrier actually connected you to a BIS plan? On the top right of your screen where it shows your signal streagnth ect. do you see the BB symbol? If not, that means that the carrier has not setup your account properly & it has nothing to do with your phone. I suggest that you go to the store & refuse to leave until you have working BBM
    01-07-13 03:15 PM
    I feel bad for the OP. Waited a month for BBM to work. Wow so patient.
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-07-13 03:41 PM
    Im having the same problem to with BBM 7 its taking forever to associate... i really would love to have BBM 6 again can someone tell me where can i get a link to download it?
    01-29-13 07:37 PM
    Im having the same problem to with BBM 7 its taking forever to associate... i really would love to have BBM 6 again can someone tell me where can i get a link to download it?
    You can find previous versions of BBM and other native apps here.
    01-29-13 07:59 PM