I've made sure it's showing as enabled and it still won't let me on the internet...I can get ON most sites, but only on the main pages...I can't sign in and go any further or I get this error.

I have the 7250
    05-24-08 06:57 PM
    JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JavaScript is a scripting language most often used for client-side web development. It was the originating dialect of the ECMAScript standard. It is a dynamic, weakly typed, prototype-based language with first-class functions. JavaScript was influenced by many languages and was designed to look like Java, but be easier for non-programmers to work with.[1][2] The language is best known for its use in websites (as client-side JavaScript)

The primary use of JavaScript is to write functions that are embedded in or included from HTML pages and interact with the Document Object Model (DOM) of the page. Some simple examples of this usage are:

Opening or popping up a new window with programmatic control over the size, position and 'look' of the new window (i.e. whether the menus, toolbars, etc. are visible).
    Validation of web form input values to make sure that they will be accepted before they are submitted to the server.
    Changing images as the mouse cursor moves over them: This effect is often used to draw the user's attention to important links displayed as graphical elements.

A JavaScript engine (also known as JavaScript interpreter or JavaScript implementation) is an interpreter that interprets JavaScript source code and executes the script accordingly.

scripts will not work for all users. For example, a user may:

use an old or rare browser with incomplete or unusual DOM support,
    use a PDA or mobile phone browser which cannot execute JavaScript,
    have JavaScript execution disabled as a security precaution,
    Security
    JavaScript and the DOM provide the potential for malicious authors to deliver scripts to run on a client computer via the web. Browser authors contain this risk using two restrictions. First, scripts run in a sandbox in which they can only perform web-related actions, not general-purpose programming tasks like creating files. Second, scripts are constrained by the same origin policy: scripts from one web site do not have access to information such as usernames, passwords, or cookies sent to another site. Most JavaScript-related security bugs are breaches of either the same origin policy or the sandbox.

Java script is disabled by default, most likley to reduce the potential security vunurability.

I have had little success with Javascripted apps. My desktop deals with the apps correctly, but no way will it work on the Curve.
    05-24-08 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD