Well today I looked at my blackberry curve 8520 and relised I hate how it says T-Mobile, so I scraped it off. I am ashamed of my carrier ><

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a sticker for any of the top carriers (prefferably att) that I could put in place of where I scraped off Tmobile? (At the bottom of the phone) ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 11:42 PM
    Sorry but that is just stupid. It really bothered you that much? I doubt you're going to find another sticker unless you replace the bottom housing.

04-06-10 11:50 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't think anyone sells these stickers with carrier logos, try ebay?
    I agree with hondateg91, it is stupid to scrape it off, if you were that annoyed maybe change carriers? But otherwise go and find a new bottom piece, most commonly you'll find vodafone
    04-06-10 11:55 PM
    Those are not stickers. You need to buy a replacement part.

The "ashamed of the carrier" part I don't get as you have now voided your
    warranty over something really inconsequential.

...and guys can we stop throwing around the word "stupid". It just is not
    very polite.
    04-07-10 12:00 AM
    Those are not stickers. You need to buy a replacement part.

The "ashamed of the carrier" part I don't get as you have now voided your
    warranty over something really inconsequential.

just curious, how does taking off the branding sticker void any kind of warranty?
    04-07-10 08:26 AM
    Funniest thread I've seen in a while!
    ...and guys can we stop throwing around the word "stupid". It just is not
    very polite.
    Just censor it then, like that word that starts with an I and ends with a T that is so evil.
    04-07-10 08:52 AM
    just curious, how does taking off the branding sticker void any kind of warranty?
    If it's like my phone it's part of the phone. If there is physical damage the phone warranty would be void.
    04-07-10 10:11 AM
    If it's like my phone it's part of the phone. If there is physical damage the phone warranty would be void.
    ding ding ding we have a winner!
    04-07-10 10:56 AM
    I think its painted on, so you'll have to replace the piece it was on. If google doesn't turn up carrier stickers, it probably doesn't exist.

But forget carrier stickers, I want CrackBerry stickers

04-07-10 11:24 AM
    Unbelievable! If you are that ashamed of your carrier's logo on your phone, I think finding another carrier's sticker is the least of your problems. All that aside, does it have to be a carrier's sticker? Why can't you find a different, "cooler" sticker?

Or you could always switch carriers...

04-07-10 11:43 AM
    If you are ashamed of your carrier then why are you still with them?

Any who, you can still be creative with your phone without having to void your warranty. Like... Blackberry Curve 8500 Skins - New Skins and Decals for the Blackberry Storm including Blackberry Storm Skins
    04-07-10 01:55 PM
    can you say o.c.b.d.?
    04-07-10 02:06 PM

Or you could always switch carriers...

or paint over it with black nail polish

Really, could there be a more useless thread than this one??

04-07-10 02:06 PM

ok just out of curiosity i talked to 2 friends who are repair techs in the industry and they both told me it's not considered physical damage and would not void any kind of warranty. they told me cracked screens, damaged charging ports, etc would be considered physical damage, not removing the branding sticker.
    04-07-10 03:09 PM
    Because to change the part would require opening the phone. That is your
    void of warranty.
    04-07-10 06:11 PM
    void of warranty.
    Not if he takes it to a certified RIM technician.

I can replace the housing on my phone, only because I am a certified sprint repair rep, without voiding the warranty. I currently have a black housing on mine, but at any point I can swap it back to the grey sprint housing and it will not void the warranty.
    04-07-10 06:22 PM
    void of warranty.
    ok the OP said he scraped off the branding sticker not opened the phone to replace the part that the branding was on. i can scratch my screen all day long if i wanted to and it wouldn't void my warranty at all. prying off a key or button off my tour would surely void my warranty. i have 2 friends who are certified repair techs in the cell phone industry and they have also restated what i responded earlier and they're even wondering where everyone is getting the idea that scraping off a branding sticker voids any kind of warranty.
    04-08-10 07:15 AM
    @ Austin & Kim, you are both missing the point. In order to get the phone to
    have a different carriers branding the OP will have to open the phone to replace
    it and THAT voids the warranty.

Look around this site. You can quote all the Certified Repair Technicians you want
    but reality is that most people consider housing swaps (full or partial) DIY projects.
    04-08-10 12:01 PM
    Maybe I'm the only one shocked by this, but... as much as T-Mobile irritates me these days, I love my Bold 9700! Scratching it on purpose?! I'm paranoid about how I put it into the holster! I find the idea of this complete Crackberry blasphemy!
    04-08-10 02:05 PM
    Wow, talk about silly! If that upset over your carrier I would try as hard as I could to get out of your contract.

Yet here you are asking where to get another carriers sticker....hysterical to say the least.

I do wish you had the luck I have had with T-Mobile. IMO the best around and I have been with most at one time or another.

04-08-10 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD