i think RIM will be over within the next 2 years or so. All they have is the keyboard and next year they are giving that up. They are switching to a different OS next year. No one want to program for the current OS. I would suggest the iphone, but if you are into long emails then bb will best fit you but that is it. They lack apps and they think this new idea of bbm connected apps will safe them. but everyone is giving up there BB bcuz the phones do not compete. The phones out today should have come out last year.
    11-15-11 07:32 PM
    here .. i'm about to rant ..
    i actually used to own an apple product , actually a couple . i even had a macbook pro titanium at one point . but all that aside , if you are seriously thinking apple , i won't list pros , i won't list cons , but illl list you what you will have to deal w/ .

- itunes/app store - the hub to everything you have go through to put pretty much anything on your phone - your music , your videos , everything b/c your phone doesn't carry a mass media drive , even if it is 16 / 32 / or 64 . doesnt matter , whatever hd you buy you are stuck w/ it - that said , there is no micro sd slot to upgrade your phones physical memory space .
    -- i for one love music , so music and videos come w/ me where so ever i may go i like to drop and go via [mass media storage , and it can be organized via folder systems ] , but itunes process , transfering to library (takes longer sometimes depending on the songs to transfer to itunes - on a computer wt*) and than you have to drag the songs to your actual phone .
    - siri suxx , i've tried it . its fine for me when i speak , but my wife is OBSESSED w/ angry birds only reason she'd think about an iphone/ or android .. funny how one game can change a feeble lil mind .. - anyways - she's not a native english speaker and siri is shyt when it cant understand a good portion of what you are saying . (berry os7 quick voice search and google voice don't talk back to you , but they input your words and find your searches just fine ) i'm sorrie , i would like to screw my phone , just because no body loves me .
    - app store is great that it carries so many apps , but honestly , most or useless and very unprofessionally done , and the games , most dollar game (i know how cheap parents are getting , but i would never revert to that even if i am - is deduce my child to playing a mediocre piece that doesnt show them any communication value or interactions , like its sliding your finger from one side of the screen to another , or poking the screen)
    OMG , it irritates me ) why can't parents stop being so frugal and buy their child a ps3 or xbox instead of wasting money on a wii or iphone/itouch . - app store is fine for graphic design apps , or editing , but games , waste of time .
    - simple design , you have 2 keys that you need only for iphone , but a whole lot of swiping . sorrie but qnx made swiping perfect especially when it came to multitasking . you may be able to multitask a degree w/ an iphone , but for me , its not close enough to a pc (don't get me wrong , but i know alot of people hate pcs because ETC ETC bla bla bla , they get viruses , theyre so hard to use , why's it so difficult - so ill just buy a mac that cost double and sheep myself because i'm so lazy to understand a perfectly fine os) and plus HP COMPAQ DELL ruin the functionality of a good laptop , they make pc users to apple , thanx a bunch for your over heating mats , - i forgot , bc they're cheap )
    *** no folder system , only tabs , its fine but what if you want to keep things organized , but apple rows out icons in sections , you can't just leave spots blank ..
    *** no "right clicking"options AKA the berry key held
    *** no blinker , or customized one like for BeBuzz
    if you do decide to switch to apple , buy a 4G , not a 4S , the points stand
    4G: antenna gate problem (fix w/ casing on the phone) still why buy a phone and put a condom on it
    4G: doesnt crash as much as 4S .. but depends on if you really want os5 .. i'm praying for you if you do ..
    4G: better battery than then 4S by far
    4S: 8MP w/ 1080p record

even if i say all this , no physical keyboard , and no blackberry , no blinker , i would never get a data plan at all , no point . the point of having a blackberry is to keep in touch w/ your world , not to close yourself off . and the respect of your privacy w/ rim secure lines and towers . no one will ever come close .. - sorrie - still very pro-blackberry and never would change . honestly , if there are no more berres in the future , i'm dropping out of the smart phone world . a phone is a phone , a smart phone is a smart phone no matter the company , but the blackberry is an genius when it comes to you communicational needs .

- til RIM dies , or i die - whichever one comes first
    Last edited by suot.doi; 11-15-11 at 09:07 PM.
    Lyls likes this.
    11-15-11 08:53 PM
    But I'm already in a huge, diverse tech market. No need to travel the world to see the writing on the wall.
    this is coming from a girl , that renews her contract every 3 years , AM I RIGHT ? because from your phones , you have a diversity of phones around you w/out a blackberry around because its a canadian company , where apple is marketed everywhere because its so american . thinking about the phones you've had , you must be more diverse than my phone collection . doubt it . experience a phone before you say something about it
    11-15-11 09:00 PM
    Wow, as much as I wish I could generate a predictable, politically correct, lets all get along "both platforms have their benefits" response like the fifteen before me, I just can't.

Blackberry is a dying platform that is becoming more obsolete and irrelevant by the day. I've yet to see a Blackberry 99xx in the wild, meanwhile I can't walk five feet without bumping into someone with an iPhone or HTC/Samsung/Motorola Android. Stick with it only if its saving you a lot of money, otherwise switch like everyone else is.
    Think I'll just follow the lemmings over the cliff then. Wow.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 10:28 PM
    this is coming from a girl , that renews her contract every 3 years , AM I RIGHT ? because from your phones , you have a diversity of phones around you w/out a blackberry around because its a canadian company , where apple is marketed everywhere because its so american . thinking about the phones you've had , you must be more diverse than my phone collection . doubt it . experience a phone before you say something about it
    I'm a man. "Diane Selwyn" is a character in my favorite film. I'm on a 2 yr contract which is my first contract in nearly a decade, so you're far from right.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 10:34 PM
    here .. i'm about to rant ..
    i actually used to own an apple product , actually a couple . i even had a macbook pro titanium at one point . but all that aside , if you are seriously thinking apple , i won't list pros , i won't list cons , but illl list you what you will have to deal w/ .

- itunes/app store - the hub to everything you have go through to put pretty much anything on your phone - your music , your videos , everything b/c your phone doesn't carry a mass media drive , even if it is 16 / 32 / or 64 . doesnt matter , whatever hd you buy you are stuck w/ it - that said , there is no micro sd slot to upgrade your phones physical memory space .
    -- i for one love music , so music and videos come w/ me where so ever i may go i like to drop and go via [mass media storage , and it can be organized via folder systems ] , but itunes process , transfering to library (takes longer sometimes depending on the songs to transfer to itunes - on a computer wt*) and than you have to drag the songs to your actual phone .
    - siri suxx , i've tried it . its fine for me when i speak , but my wife is OBSESSED w/ angry birds only reason she'd think about an iphone/ or android .. funny how one game can change a feeble lil mind .. - anyways - she's not a native english speaker and siri is shyt when it cant understand a good portion of what you are saying . (berry os7 quick voice search and google voice don't talk back to you , but they input your words and find your searches just fine ) i'm sorrie , i would like to screw my phone , just because no body loves me .
    - app store is great that it carries so many apps , but honestly , most or useless and very unprofessionally done , and the games , most dollar game (i know how cheap parents are getting , but i would never revert to that even if i am - is deduce my child to playing a mediocre piece that doesnt show them any communication value or interactions , like its sliding your finger from one side of the screen to another , or poking the screen)
    OMG , it irritates me ) why can't parents stop being so frugal and buy their child a ps3 or xbox instead of wasting money on a wii or iphone/itouch . - app store is fine for graphic design apps , or editing , but games , waste of time .
    - simple design , you have 2 keys that you need only for iphone , but a whole lot of swiping . sorrie but qnx made swiping perfect especially when it came to multitasking . you may be able to multitask a degree w/ an iphone , but for me , its not close enough to a pc (don't get me wrong , but i know alot of people hate pcs because ETC ETC bla bla bla , they get viruses , theyre so hard to use , why's it so difficult - so ill just buy a mac that cost double and sheep myself because i'm so lazy to understand a perfectly fine os) and plus HP COMPAQ DELL ruin the functionality of a good laptop , they make pc users to apple , thanx a bunch for your over heating mats , - i forgot , bc they're cheap )
    *** no folder system , only tabs , its fine but what if you want to keep things organized , but apple rows out icons in sections , you can't just leave spots blank ..
    *** no "right clicking"options AKA the berry key held
    *** no blinker , or customized one like for BeBuzz
    if you do decide to switch to apple , buy a 4G , not a 4S , the points stand
    4G: antenna gate problem (fix w/ casing on the phone) still why buy a phone and put a condom on it
    4G: doesnt crash as much as 4S .. but depends on if you really want os5 .. i'm praying for you if you do ..

even if i say all this , no physical keyboard , and no blackberry , no blinker , i would never get a data plan at all , no point . the point of having a blackberry is to keep in touch w/ your world , not to close yourself off . and the respect of your privacy w/ rim secure lines and towers . no one will ever come close .. - sorrie - still very pro-blackberry and never would change . honestly , if there are no more berres in the future , i'm dropping out of the smart phone world . a phone is a phone , a smart phone is a smart phone no matter the company , but the blackberry is an genius when it comes to you communicational needs .

- til RIM dies , or i die - whichever one comes first
    You typed this out on your Playbook, didn't you.
    Lyls likes this.
    11-15-11 10:37 PM
    You typed this out on your Playbook, didn't you.
    actually - yes - but even when on pc , i short hand hehe
    11-15-11 11:17 PM
    kevinnugent & suot.doi-you all are hilarious!! Thanks for lightening up the mood!
    11-15-11 11:28 PM
    I'm a man. "Diane Selwyn" is a character in my favorite film. I'm on a 2 yr contract which is my first contract in nearly a decade, so you're far from right.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    first year on contract ? honestly ? if so , do you buy phones like me , because honestly i do love phones , but i test them out before they come to my hand , but its not that i i'm trying to say blackberry is the only phone out there , but i usually have 2 phones on me , and usually my second is trying not to be a berry but , well .. once turned out a 3gs . but i have tried the galaxy and the x1 model and i can still say nothing comes close to what a blackberry has offered to me for communications . some of my friends and co workers have apple mostly , not alot of galaxies . the screens are huge on androids , and that is a big turn off , but then again its preference right ? i know alot of people are stuck to contracts , and thats fine , but when you buy a phone , and you think its the best thing in the world , - think for a second , what makes it great in comparison to another ? for me , i love to test it out and youtube , gsmarena , gizmodo and whatever sources i can get my hands on . look at product hud , ui , and its buttons , or touch layout , if it multitasks well and gets the job done , that means im buying it . til i have a product that gives me functionality , and useless fanboyism sold merely on sole merit of angry birds or apple or siri but on hud , i'm sold . those things are useless if they don't allow me to make money , but hinder in my productivity .

ole to the sheeps that flock to the wolf in one's skin'
    P.S. 4S suxx to 4G , i have one gifted from family , it sitting in my desk drawer .. too bad i cant sell it
    11-15-11 11:35 PM
    I only got my first smartphone this year-a Samsung Galaxy Prevail Android phone off contract with Boost Mobile.
    11-15-11 11:43 PM
    I only got my first smartphone this year-a Samsung Galaxy Prevail Android phone off contract with Boost Mobile.
    okay , so which do you have ? a 4S or a Galaxy ? and honestly , i checked out the specs on the galaxy , and a 2MP in this day ? i'm actually surprised . do you want to know why not alot of people would pay for a blackberry , yet alone a 9900 but buy a lower end to start off w/ , you buy a product , you expect a samsung to be a samsung , a apple to be an apple , a blackberry to be a blackberry . but when it comes down to it , what is the difference is a phone , is specs , hud , os , functionality , and what does it offer to the consumer in all walks of life . i wont say blackberry , apple , or androids are dominant .. i just say appeal to different people or status symbol to different groups . i know alot of people that attached to their iphones , but seeing them i know they have a data plan w/ it , but all in all , i feel the data is wasted because its not put to use at seconds or minutes of the day . 1 have a 6gb and i either get close or over all the time , because of all the data i have to pull in for work , personal or business . for me a smartphone is there to make our lives easier , not more lazy .
    11-16-11 12:10 AM
    Now I have a 4S on contract.
    11-16-11 12:18 AM
    Now I have a 4S on contract.
    read my previous post , i have one sitting in my drawer right now - collecting dust , here's something from that post i wrote :

still saying , should have done some research and stuck w/ a 4G , it would have been cheaper since it pretty much is the same phone , but discounted price .
    11-16-11 12:35 AM
    I don't know if that's totally accurate. In fact, I'd say that's a misinformed statement.

They are both fine devices. The debate is old and tired at this point. Why not throw the new Droid Razr into the conversation though? Very nice phone.
    His statement is 100% accurate simply because the features iphone browser lacks, take this thread for example, try unloading a photo to it without an app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 02:40 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD