Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xandermac
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Stealth proof

Just got a new Torch 9860 would like to know how to stealth proof my phone. Rumor has it our phones may have someone listening to and reading txt msgs. Thought phone had to have a program installed on target phone but new to all this unacceptable behavior. Our phones are private business but unsure if it is. Can someone listen to phones calls, read txt msgs etc.? Work in healthcare and very important it stays between individuals reporting to and from! Thank u
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    899 Global Posts

Default Re: Stealth proof

Well thats just a rumor. No one can listen to your calls or read your texts.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Stealth proof

this is news to me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,448 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108

Probably the NSA listening in on you and if you have things to hide from them you have more to worry about than cellphone security.
    Twitter: xandermac
    iBuilder likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

How can it be hacked? Will I know it also?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Yes they can do that but as far as I knew a program had to be downloaded on the target phone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

How can they hack it, and will I be able to tell? Ive read where you can purchase a product that can install invisible to us that sincs over the air, bluetooth, etc. All they have to do is call and talk for 30 secs and it sincs w/phone. No I dont have anything to hide! Like I said we report HIPPA info. via phone calls, txts. Is there anything out there to make it stealth proof kinda like Obama and his BB. LOL
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

How can they hack it, and will I be able to tell? Ive read where you can purchase a product that can install invisible to us that sincs over the air, bluetooth, etc. All they have to do is call and talk for 30 secs and it sincs w/phone. No I dont have anything to hide! Like I said we report HIPPA info. via phone calls, txts. Is there anything out there to make it stealth proof kinda like Obama and his BB. LOL
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    PIN
    75E06EB6

you could wipe your phone back to new and manually reload your apps and infomation on fresh
    I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
    I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

I just got it, wiping it dont you lose data?

Global Posts
    23,379 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat

If you have set a device password there are no known attacks which could install software to a BlackBerry phone without your knowledge. An attack like you describe, installing silently OTA during a voice call is spy fiction. Not only would the attack be obvious when the phone requested permission to install software, but it wouldn't even work because YOUR call is already occupying the voice channel.

An intercept attack directed at the handset is difficult, costly, and unlikely to occur outside movies. The only practical way is a "man-in-the-middle" attack with the attacker operating a bogus celltower to relay the call. In reality if your calls are being intercepted it would be at the cellular provider's premises after the call is transferred from radio back to cables, not by attacking your handset. There is no way you would ever detect this, and with a reputable provider it would be controlled by relevant law - and only available to official law enforcement and security authorities.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones