I'm having a nightmare of a situation trying to return a Leap which was purchased as a gift for me via ShopBlackBerry. I'm happy with my current phone and would rather have a Passport/Z30 so I initiated the return.

So I paid the $25.00 shipping fee to send it to their warehouse. This is where the headache begins, the return was denied because of no C.O.D. as they had to pay a Customs charge of around $35US. There was no instructions from BB/Digital River in regards to that in their return instructions.

So the package was sitting at the UPS warehouse. Contacted customer service and they mentioned that someone will go retrieve it from the warehouse and will update us 2-3 business days after.

Those days pass and I find out the product is at the US/Canada border being returned to me. Apparently no one bothered to retrieve it. I have to now pay another customs and return shipping fee just to get the package back ($50.00) or pay the US customs charge to send it back to BB. I'm at my wits end, and because of this experience, I may be done with BB. Buy from Amazon instead. Anyone have a similar experience?

Update:
    US customs was paid (don't understand why you have to pay customs or returned goods), phone was returned to warehouse, refund being processed. Cost to return, ground shipping + customs.
    Last edited by glennster28; 07-08-15 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Update
    07-02-15 03:10 PM
    Ouch, sorry to hear. Digital River just don't have it organized well, and **shtuff** seems to happen when ordering from them... :-(

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    07-02-15 03:36 PM
    You do realize that even when ShopBB gets the phone, the return will be into the Original Purchaser's Credit Card and not into your own account or Card.

Just pointing it out.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 04:41 PM
    Digital River just don't have it organized well, and **shtuff** seems to happen when ordering from them... :-(
    That is true and that is kind of a systems perspective. It blows my mind that this company refuses to consider a customer perspective. They have frustrated and injured many customers, just from reading here on Crackberry. More needs to be done.
    07-02-15 06:15 PM
    Was gonna order a passport...thanks. For the heads up...i think I'll order from somewhere else...i can't handle drama

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 06:35 PM
    Buy from Amazon!

Posted via CB10
    carullo and MarsupilamiX like this.
    07-02-15 06:36 PM
    Don't buy from shopblackberry. When it's a simple purchase, It can go well. But for everything else....good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 07:17 PM
    Sorry to hear that. I've read a few horror stories about Shop BlackBerry. I feel Amazon does a stellar job, and if they mess up, customer service is top notch...
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-02-15 07:56 PM
    You are not the first and most likely not the last.
    07-02-15 09:36 PM
    Buy from Amazon!

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. Hassle free returns.
    07-08-15 09:54 AM
    You do realize that even when ShopBB gets the phone, the return will be into the Original Purchaser's Credit Card and not into your own account or Card.

Just pointing it out.

I do know

Posted via CB10
    Yes I'm aware, purchaser was the wife
    07-08-15 09:54 AM
    Buy from Amazon!

Posted via CB10
    This really is a no-brainer. Even if a few bucks more, Amazon has stellar customer service that makes it worth it.
    07-08-15 11:41 AM
    Was gonna order a passport...thanks. For the heads up...i think I'll order from somewhere else...i can't handle drama

Posted via CB10
    I can only imagine the headache of dealing with a faulty device and going through the RMA process. Device was purchased and delivered problem free. After sales customer service needs improvement.
    07-08-15 03:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have ordered both a Passport and Leap from shopblackberry. I had no issues, but did not have any problems with either device.

I have to agree in regards to Amazon Customer service though. I am in a City with and Amazon Fulfillment facility and any return for any reason has always been easy and quick.

Passport. If people understood how good this device is....
    07-08-15 03:54 PM
    Every online shopping company has its fault, bad days, good days etc etc. And yes we hear some stories about digital river but no one posts the good ones or the bad ebay or amazon ones.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 08:12 PM
    Every online shopping company has its fault, bad days, good days etc etc. And yes we hear some stories about digital river but no one posts the good ones or the bad ebay or amazon ones.

Posted via CB10
    Let's start a thread then or use this one... :-)

�   Chendroid or not? - That is the question...   �
    07-08-15 11:53 PM