Now that's enough! I'm completely fed up of BlackBerry's inability to control its own store, letting all type of crap in just to keep numbers high. Apart of having trillions of map for each block of each city in the world, now we have some scammers appear. Since BlackBerry does nothing about it and probably won't do in forceable future, I propose we keep ONE thread where everyone who experienced scam and/or serious problem with app (in this case, make sure you have contacted developer first and waited at least 72 hours. If you didn't get answer or developer said he won't be fixing anything but will remove you review, post also here). Let me start:

LIST OF DEVELOPERS/APPS TO STAY AWAY FROM:

Camera B60 by Peter Obera
    What is advertised: Just the best camera out for BlackBerry 10!
    What you get: Downloader for FREE Android app Camera 360 from unknown source and button to rate app with 5 stars! (what this developer smokes ?) And of course developer regularly remove all negative comments from BlackBerry World.

Please, keep this thread polite, no name calling/etc. Let's help ourselves to get less disappointing experience with BlackBerry World! Thanks to all who participate and share his/her experience with others
    pystha, p_r_a_g_m_a and Ben1232 like this.
    03-27-14 05:06 AM
    Good initiative.
    03-27-14 05:20 AM
    So let me get this straight. Your annoyed at downloading an App for free and it doesn't work properly. Maybe there is a reason it is free. BlackBerry World is no different than any other App store. You generally get what you pay for.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:35 AM
    So let me get this straight. Your annoyed at downloading an App for free and it doesn't work properly. Maybe there is a reason it is free. BlackBerry World is no different than any other App store. You generally get what you pay for.

Posted via CB10
    No, you got it wrong. I paid 2$, downloaded it and then the only options I have is to download FREE Android app or rate the app. Description of the app mentions nothing about downloading something else from unknown source. I never complain about free apps just because they are free and the only problem I've got is few minutes lost for downloading it
    Last edited by bb10_fan; 03-27-14 at 05:54 AM.
    pystha, 3Dee and p_r_a_g_m_a like this.
    03-27-14 05:43 AM
    It is ported but probably not clean

? Slicing using my ?
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-27-14 07:17 AM
    Time for a refund.
    03-27-14 07:36 AM
    It is ported but probably not clean

? Slicing using my ?
    It doesn't look as ported at all. It looks like this particular developer took a source code of Snap or similar app and found a great way to make money on free Android apps. And as a side note - publisher name of Android app is completely different from BlackBerry World's one.
    03-27-14 10:15 AM
    Time for a refund.
    Indeed it is Already submitted request, but it adds to negative experience with BlackBerry World. If I knew that this is a downloader of unknown app (should be in description anyway and BlackBerry should have checked this), I would never pay for it
    03-27-14 10:17 AM
    I think your thread title should be stay away from these developers, not this developers, makes it sound like you want developers to stay away from bb10

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    bb10_fan likes this.
    03-27-14 10:23 AM
    It's awful, but BB World is a joke.

I love going to look for new apps and being greeted by 5 star apps with reviews from the same people, or better yet, the list of $1 CIA maps for every bloody country in the world. Sucks to be the dev who's app is just below that list, because I won't bother to scroll through 200 useless "apps" to see what else is new.
    03-27-14 10:33 AM
    Good idea, i have seen a lot of crap apps in blackberry word that are free apps in the google playstore and a smart guy want to charge you for download, for example look at the games from Academ Media like Dungeon Lurk
    bb10_fan likes this.
    03-27-14 10:36 AM
    I think your thread title should be stay away from these developers, not this developers, makes it sound like you want developers to stay away from bb10

Yes, I noticed it too late. At first I thought to call it "stay away the this developer" but then changed to developers without updating "this " to " these". If anyone from admins can correct it

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 11:07 AM
    Good idea, i have seen a lot of crap apps in blackberry word that are free apps in the google playstore and a smart guy want to charge you for download, for example look at the games from Academ Media like Dungeon Lurk
    Just had a look at that developer games. I wonder how BlackBerry QA works, do they just keep an app for few days in queue and then put it on BlackBerry World with any real checks?
    03-29-14 04:45 AM
    I think the anger needs to be replaced. With... pure vengeance.

Can we have a mod to put in 5 posts for you so that you can update the list, or have the mods update the list from time to time?

we can have few criterias, such as

a) posted by at least 1 member claiming this app is a fraud (or at least doesn't do what its supposed to be doing)
    b) votes by 5 different members to support poster's findings
    c) write it here and why its problematic
    d) write edit if any changes were made.
    e) put another "killed off" list in a list if the app was pulled off.

the same thing can be done on developers. So there's a blacklist of devs and the offending apps. It should be pinned too.
    bb10_fan likes this.
    03-29-14 04:53 AM
    Paid: Hide Files by Raktheme

It has a bug where you can get into it without needing the password. I emailed the dev and he emailed back suggesting I pay again for another of his file hiding apps !

I left a fair review and that review is no longer visible.

Paid: Hide Files and Folders by Runisoft

I bought this app because the problems the above app has. This app says it's Built for BlackBerry but it isn't. It doesn't have cascades and I think it's built with HTML5.

It had a recent update and in the description part it stressed to Un-Hide all hidden files before updating which I did.

I updated and ALL hidden files have been lost !

I also left a review of how I felt and this review has also been deleted. This app is on sale at the moment but I wouldn't use it for free. Especially if your files have value.

It isn't well known but we can get refunds on apps relatively easily...

BlackBerry World Commerce Refunds

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en

Posted from my Z30 via CB10 app
    bb10_fan likes this.
    03-29-14 06:18 AM
    Looks like that Camera B60 app was made to confuse people into reading Camera 360

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 06:56 AM

Sharp!
    03-29-14 11:44 AM