This is crackBerry! One dumb question and we'll eat you alive!

Posted via CB10
    This community really is tame and very helpful compared to other forums. Even on its worst day.

Posted via CB10
    stabstabdie likes this.
    02-09-14 07:05 PM
    People on here are way too smug and ignorant.

Posted Via Z10
    02-09-14 10:05 PM
    I really have a bone to pick with a lot of people on here, and their objective and offensive way of trying to be "accomodating" to us newbies on here.
    Come on, there's nuts of all kinds everywhere. There are actually people who will not bother to search the forums (not you), and post simply because creating a new thread gets eyeballs and answers. In the same way, there are many of us, who will remember off the top of our heads, or simply have the required information bookmarked (because it was VERY helpful).

The Ambassadors and Moderators also try and keep the bashing to a minimum, but some of the 'awesomes' do slip them by.
    I totally agree with what you've said, but like a family, we do have 'some' oldies here who believe that everyone entering the "realm of the crack" should be well versed and able enough to fend for themselves.

Cut them some slack, they're well-meaning but have spent a lot of time here

Also, you do end up getting the resolution most times

LP&HG
    Morty2264, Azensun and Shadowyugi like this.
    02-09-14 11:01 PM
    OP, I'm so sorry that you are having this experience. You know, even those of us who have been here a while sometimes have a question, and then we are the ones who sometimes get stomped on, too (or is it just me... ?)!

I do not like this kind of "cyber bullying." I will define it as such, because users are belittling other (new) users for asking questions instead of treating them with civility. Sometimes, you just want a quick answer. You don't want to scroll through huge threads with digressions, rants, off-topic discussions, and then one or two posts have only half of what you're looking for.

Please don't let the users who are bothering you affect your experience at CB. Most of us are very friendly folk, and we'd love to help you in any way possible. Welcome!

Posted via CB10
    Azensun likes this.
    02-09-14 11:19 PM
    Here's how I look at it. CrackBerry was partly...mostly created to bring people together that shared a common interest. One of the main functions of a forum is to ask questions. Now, if this forum was a local club that had group meetings to discuss this common interest, of course there would be questions asked, answers given, ideas shared. If a new person came to a meeting and asked a question than many other members already knew, would you treat them as rudely to their face as some do here regularly? If the answer is yes, it should be no. An online forum should be no different. Also, this is 2014. If someone asks a question in a forum rather than use the search, it is very likely that that person isn't very technically savvy. Maybe they've never had a smart phone before. Maybe they've never visited a forum before. And I'd also guess that they aren't the proficient with Windows or a Mac operating system on a computer. Guess what, none of us start out being technically savvy. It takes awhile to get used to searching and filtering results. None of us are born with that knowledge. We all learn it through experience...and from others taking the time to answer our questions.
    Bonnie Bonzai and cantina4me like this.
    02-10-14 06:00 AM
    Agree 100 percent with the op.

The answer to the actual question can be answered instead of the silly it has been answered post.

People make an effort to actually reply with that. Transfer that effort to just answering the question as your not loosing time because you were going to write a post.

And put things into perspective. It's a forum for a mobile phone company. It's not important. And therefore not worth being rude or arguing over.

Also, it's unlikely what someone has asked has been asked a billion times before. That is rare. More often than not, it has been asked once a long time ago, or within a thread for a different topic etc.

But people make out like they have been asked a million times before and are fed up.

Some people really take it personally though. Lol

Chill out!

Posted via CB10

That just about hit the nail on the head....though I live in Jamaica and relaxing / taking it easy is almost a religion here....

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    Shadowyugi and amjass12 like this.
    02-10-14 08:29 AM
    I remember when I joined CB in 2011, folks over here were overwhelmingly kind, as a newbie I had loads of issues with my 9900 and folks would respond to your posts by searching the forum for you and pasting the link in their response. Naturally I did the same thing and went out of my way to try to help others out when I could.
    02-10-14 08:35 AM
    OP, on behalf of the good people here, I would like to apologize for this being your first impression of this site. In most cases, if you post a question or problem, there are many members who will jump at the chance to offer help. Unfortunately there are some who seem to forget that they were once noobs, too. All I would suggest is, if you feel you have been responded to rudely, use that Report button, and hopefully the mods will address it. I can assure you, that is not thee impression that people here want visitors and new members to have of this site and its forums.
    Azensun, Morty2264 and ghundiraj like this.
    02-10-14 09:34 AM
    So, having been on this site for many years, I don't think this site is full of arrogant people who keep saying the things you mentioned on your post above.
    True, but those are the ones that tend to stand out most. At the very least they just clutter up otherwise useful and informative threads; at worst they start arguments and general unrest. It's unnecessary and unproductive.
    02-10-14 09:41 AM
    Nice to see all the A- holes, and geniuses are starting to chime in. Welcome to crackberry for sure.....

Posted Via Z10

Wtf did you expect to happen?
    You showed up and called out half the community.
    Do you really think that will make things better for you and your fellow newbies??
    Just learn to help yourself instead of replying on people you think are 'a holes'
    Remember, you need us far more than we need you.
    raino likes this.
    02-10-14 09:55 AM
    People on here are way too smug and ignorant.

Posted Via Z10
    I hope you enjoy the no help you will get from now on and the infractions you're about to get for your blatant ToS violations.
    02-10-14 09:56 AM
    OP, can you point to some real examples of such comments? Sorry, I don't feel like searching.

Posted via CB10
    nappp likes this.
    02-10-14 09:56 AM
    OK, one of these things that is a fact of life, if you stand out like a nail, prepare to get hammered.

That being said, forum etiquette States that telling people to do a search isn't a good thing, and is reportable. If you're having problems, report and let the mods take a look at the situation objectively.

Taking on the whole forum with a flippant attitude is also a bad idea. It's a good way for members to collect valuable points and earn vacation time. It leads some into temptations best avoided.

It's the Internet, a thicker skin is a good thing to have before you click enter.

With that, this exercise is concluded.

[NOTE] Before we dive into specific community rules and guidelines, we would like to provide some general guidelines for our members.

Mobile Nations communities should always be fun, friendly and helpful places to be. We want to provide answers to all member posts and questions as QUICKLY as possible. With that in mind, we ask that all members kindly follow these basic guidelines:

P.U.P.P.A.H
    (Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
    Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

Compliance with these basic guidelines should see you sailing in smooth waters for years to come at Mobile Nations. You’ll make friends, gain knowledge, and become wealthy beyond your wildest dreams (OK, maybe not that last point).
    [/NOTE]
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-10-14 at 10:19 AM.
    02-10-14 10:08 AM
63 123