12-12-14 11:56 AM
    Sweet! I wonder if the poor chap is still trying to see a real Passport in the flesh?

This Passport takes me places!
    12-12-14 12:08 PM
    Holy cow hahahahaha I could not believe what I was reading. It is incredible how stupid people can be. Ignorance is the biggest enemy of mankind. Thanks for the post.

Z10/STL100-3 RFK121LW/10.2.1.3062
    shaleem likes this.
    12-12-14 12:09 PM
    There has to be two sides to this story..... it's not as if all journalists are angels or something either.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:13 PM
    There has to be two sides to this story..... it's not as if all journalists are angels or something either.

Posted via CB10
    It's not like these carrier stories don't show up every week either... meaning it's a common occurrence.

Posted via CB10
    sfor13thlegion likes this.
    12-12-14 12:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    He probably did get irritated at the way he was basically blown off.

Obviously hasn't tried to buy a BlackBerry in the U.S. in the past 3 (5?) years.

Posted via CB10
    gravymonster and FF22 like this.
    12-12-14 12:31 PM
    Wow, I hope they bankrupt the way they treat their customers. I thought customers are first because they feed the company money. Without customers, there won't be a corporation. If there are corporations/companies, but there is none customers, what is the point of having corporation/company? Don't you ever wonder why some companies selling the same goods very successful and others barely make it or bankrupt? The one that barely make it or bankrupt, they treat their customer like there is no tomorrow, but the ones that are very successful treat their customer like best friend.
    12-12-14 12:32 PM
    yikes quite the story but it shows just how badly people see the brand that they will actually start fights over it to not sell it.
    12-12-14 12:46 PM
    I guess the American government is now conspiring with English carriers to put Blackberry out of business. Because, based on some in these forums, it's only American carriers that treat Blackberry like the ugly stepchild.

And, I also believe that the writer of the article was agressive, condescending and demanding, like some radical, die-hard, Blackberry fans that'll attack anyone that doesn't blindly worship Blackberry as they do. The writer met his match this time. He fought the law and the law won. LOL
    12-12-14 12:55 PM
    I can sympathize with this gentleman.

I get that attitude at pretty much every carrier store I visit here in Canada.

I think they believe that most folks are locked into a contract, and that gives them free reign to treat people like garbage. It's not like it matters to them cause people are stuck, or they'll have to pay exorbitant fees to break the contract, and they win anyways.

I like my very old plan at Rogers, but I try and steer clear of going into any of their shops (unless I absolutely have to), and definitely plan to buy my next phone from a third party (Shopblackberry, Amazon, Ebay or Kijiji).

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 01:10 PM
    I guess the American government is now conspiring with English carriers to put Blackberry out of business. Because, based on some in these forums, it's only American carriers that treat Blackberry like the ugly stepchild.

And, I also believe that the writer of the article was agressive, condescending and demanding, like some radical, die-hard, Blackberry fans that'll attack anyone that doesn't blindly worship Blackberry as they do. The writer met his match this time. He fought the law and the law won. LOL
    Asking to see and hold a device you wish to buy is being aggressive, condescending and demanding?

What kind of children have we become when we sit idly by and let ourselves be disrespected by those paid to serve our needs (ie SERVICE providers).

The guy should be given a medal for sticking up for himself when so many others would have cowered and walked away.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 01:14 PM

Funny how if you remove the word or any reference to "BlackBerry" and substitute another device/brand, those same sales people would be in the wrong. Which they were the instant they stayed behind the counter and left a customer to wander the store. Salespeople go to the customer, whether it's in a store, door-to-door, over the phone, etc. They should be taking steps so that a potential customer has little reason to get upset until after they become a customer - and then it's on customer service to take care of.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem, mnc76 and spyeagle like this.
    12-12-14 02:02 PM
    I won't be joining Vodafone anytime soon then!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 02:51 PM
    Should have asked for his name and employee number if you could. And check online for the number to Call, that so called manager needs to be fired on the spot.
    A Lot of times they aren't even real managers or sub but are just acting supervisors or managers. Even contact the customer service number they gave bit ask them to transfer you to the proper department.

Send from the amazing powers of the ? Z30
    12-12-14 04:21 PM
    Great story...the "come back after 6" dude must consider himself a real bad ***, be a brick or so short of a load, or know that no violence will fall on him...In my world, I know any number of folks who would have kicked his *** in place right then. No need to wait to see how idle threats play out. Funny stuff!

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    shaleem likes this.
    12-12-14 04:45 PM
    Great story telling!

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-12-14 04:48 PM
    I just don't go to carrier stores, ( even my own).
    Staff in these stores are largely ill trained , condescending and rude.

Of course there are a few good ones.

 Z10
    12-12-14 07:48 PM
    I just don't go to carrier stores, ( even my own).
    Staff in these stores are largely ill trained , condescending and rude.

Of course there are a few good ones.

 Z10
    I agree. This article is actually less about the passport than poorly trained staff. Well, when you pay minimum wage, I guess you get what you pay for.

Posted via CB10
    1Criz likes this.
    12-12-14 08:41 PM
    Very well written. And for once not by someone hooked on BB. At least he didn't let on that he was.

Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    12-12-14 08:41 PM
    That story made me laugh. Coz it's exactly the same that I went through here when trying to obtain my Passport. But the difference is that the sales rep were clueless,not angry or in my face. I had to buy the phone first to try it. XD
    First time in the history of trying to buy phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 10:24 PM
    Still sounds like a more pro BlackBerry sales team than anyone at ATT in the USA....

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 11:12 PM
    A regional manage, at a carrier, was helping me out one day. Friendly fellow, full of info and no sales pitch. Until I asked if they had any BlackBerrys.........

"Blackberry", he said. ....yeah "blackberry", I said.......he froze.... the earth just stopped turning. ..."why do you want a BlackBerry"....." I just do" .

The look on his face went from normal to psycho killer, as if someone at blackberry had shot his dog. Or sht on his face.

What a joke, I just had to laugh.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 12:23 AM
    This is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read, until I realize I've had very similar encounters with people at this level of my existence. The author called it right though, they are exactly what he labeled them, clowns. I had a somewhat similar experience with Bank of America, I went to cash a check I'd been given, I actually have a business account with them, but it's their check, they can cash it even without an account from me. They hassled me about signing up for an account, suggested they couldn't cash it for the full amount, started talking about terrorism, asking me questions. This all occurred because I wanted to cash 1 contract check, for like $2000. They kept talking down to me, making me wait, I knew this was all happening to make it seem like it was a huge hassle in some childish pathetic attempt at making me open an account, which I had, they just didn't know. All in all I talked to 2 alleged managers, 2 cashiers, everyone was super rude and wouldn't look me in the eye. Think about the waste of time and resources this is for them. After I finally got my cash I asked if I could perhaps speak with someone in accounts regarding an account, the manager thought that meant I wanted to open one and was suddenly super hospitable. I sat down with a woman to discuss an account and informed her I'd like to close my business account with them immediately as I've never been treated so disgustingly and I don't wish to do business with a company that thinks these methods are worthwhile. She pulled up my account and then people in full suits started showing up, asking what they could do, etc, they would have a hard time pulling that amount of cash out, blah blah blah. At any rate I closed the account, I won't disclose the amount, but I will say it was enough that I'm wildly confident that multiple people got fired after I left.
    12-13-14 02:04 AM
    What else is new. This kind of things happens in phone shops all over Canada all the time. That is why I do my own phone research before I go to a store to pick it up. I minimize my conversation with the sales staff before they start to say negative things about my choice of phones and leave quickly. I don't want to hear it and I don't want to waste my time arguing with them.
    12-13-14 02:43 AM
    The dirty little secret of most Vodafone shops is they're franchises, not official shops.
    12-13-14 03:18 AM
42 12